very disappointment about vps avenger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:06 pm If a developer needs a third party app when others don't then that says more about the developer's ability or lack thereof and his level of respect for the stability of his customers systems than anything else.
Or (rather) the cost efficiency of spending a lot of your money or time on a better copy protection system.

kobal wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm i don t see the point of these layers synth?
The point is to make complex sounds in a single patch. Some people like myself have gotten rather bored with simple sounds over the years and are always looking for new and different sounds than a simple saw wave through a filter.

I love multi-layer synths and the sounds they can make. They are a ton of fun for me to program and I can use fewer instances in a project.

I know complex synths aren't for everybody but they do have their place for some of us... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:12 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:06 pm If a developer needs a third party app when others don't then that says more about the developer's ability or lack thereof and his level of respect for the stability of his customers systems than anything else.
Or (rather) the cost efficiency of spending a lot of your money or time on a better copy protection system.
You know Pace and CodeMeter charge for their services right? I'm sure that cost gets passed along just as development time for other CP methods does perhaps even more.

Anyway my oatmeal is cool so off the breakfast then in to the studio....... :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:52 pm
DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:40 pm I’m sorry but in this case YOU’re the only one to blame here. And when I give my opinion you’re trying to blame ME for being a ”fanboy”, without any reasonable thinking.
Sorry, but : you dislike the GUI, you hate the copy protection and you’re disappointed about the sound.
What are the demos made for ?
You tried the synth, you concluded : OK, I’m fine with it, I’ll buy it.
And now you’re trying to make us believe that Avenger team are traitors.
Just NO.
YOU’re the one who made a mistake. Just deal with it. Sell the synth, that’s how it works when you buy something you don’t want to keep.
You don’t like the synth ? You’re free to think whatever you want.
But a lot of people love the synth, and they’re not just stupid ”fanboys” who haven’t seen the truth like you did.
the copy protection change after the demo :)
do you understand it now ?
after the demo , get it in your brain

i have no time for fanboys

there are many people outthere , they feel the same , many people
to many to count
Who are you kidding ?
Now you are saying the problem is the copy protection.
Let me remind you what you said in the first place :
D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am i dont like the sound about it i prefer pigments, serum and rapid

i dont like the gui, its to big not on the size
but i cant find a solution to see this tiny knobs , when i rezise it
it feels wrong you know ?
(...)
you sale it you must pay 30 $ just for transfer
What in this list changed between your purchase and now ?

You simply don’t want to admit YOU made a mistake, and now you’re trying to raise an army that would comfort you.

You are the only one who is responsible for your purchase mistake. You dislike the synth ? OK, there should be no problem with this. You know, there are million of users every year who resale their synths because they have no use for it. You’re free to do whatever you want, you just like or dislike what you want. The market is huge. Love what you love, we don’t care. :D

But calling Avenger team and people who like the synth names because YOU made a purchase mistake is simply more than funny, sorry. :shrug:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:06 pm
DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:55 pm Is the copy protection working or not ?
For you or the developer? The CP is working just fine for all my U-He, Synapse, Rob Papen, etc etc plugins just fine....for me.

If a developer needs a third party app when others don't then that says more about the developer's ability or lack thereof and his level of respect for the stability of his customers systems than anything else.
Well, that was a simple question. Is it working or not ?
I don’t like this copy protection more than any user. It’s stupid. But so far, I never had any problem with it.
Yesterday, I got that infamous ”10 days remaining” message. I opened V-Manager, it said ”do you want to update ?”, I clicked ”yes”, and it worked, just as usual.
It’s a stupid copy protection, but I have no problem with it for the moment.
If too many people complain about it, maybe they’ll do something.
I’m simply facing reality : do I like this Codemeter protection ? No I dont. I have a eLicenser key, Vengeance plugins always used eLicenser. They should have used eLicenser. Does Avenger work flawlessly for me ? Yes.
If EVERY user had problem with it, they would have changed the copy protection a long time ago. If they’re keeping it, we have the PROOF that it’s working for most users, unless their goal is to ruin their own company.
But true, it’s a pain in the @ss as a user.

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:57 pm get a room with your avenger :)
We’ll pray for you. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:12 pm
kobal wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:00 pm i don t see the point of these layers synth?
The point is to make complex sounds in a single patch. Some people like myself have gotten rather bored with simple sounds over the years and are always looking for new and different sounds than a simple saw wave through a filter.

I love multi-layer synths and the sounds they can make. They are a ton of fun for me to program and I can use fewer instances in a project.

I know complex synths aren't for everybody but they do have their place for some of us... :tu:
if there is no interaction/ modularity between layers the only advantage i see is to not load multiple instance , that can be already great workflow improvment for the one making complex patchs but it could have a lot more potential if it was all modular routing.
imo it was done like this as marketing tactic , guys new to programin synths or wihtout mcuh experience have lot of work already done so it s appealing to buy

DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 pm
For you or the developer? The CP is working just fine for all my U-He, Synapse, Rob Papen, etc etc plugins just fine....for me.

If a developer needs a third party app when others don't then that says more about the developer's ability or lack thereof and his level of respect for the stability of his customers systems than anything else.
I don’t like this copy protection more than any user. It’s stupid. But so far, I never had any problem with it.
Yesterday, I got that infamous ”10 days remaining” message. I opened V-Manager, it said ”do you want to update ?”, I clicked ”yes”, and it worked, just as usual.
I’m simply facing reality : do I like this Codemeter protection ? No I dont. I have a eLicenser key, Vengeance plugins always used eLicenser. They should have used eLicenser. Does Avenger work flawlessly for me ? Yes.
If EVERY user had problem with it, they would have changed the copy protection a long time ago. If they’re keeping it, we have the PROOF that it’s working for most users, unless their goal is to ruin their own company.
wow i see i hurt your feelings :) ?
stop this nonsense posts please
what is wrong with yo man

D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:24 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 pm

wow i see i hurt your feelings :) ?
stop this nonsense posts please
what is wrong with yo man

SO GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vengeance pay you back , just write them that you unsatisfied with the copy protection
and you get pay back

So we can out of this , for people that have the same problem its a solution now

It’s not the copy protection : they must have read this thread and felt bad for you, like you’re not fully responsible of your acts or something... :D

DJErmac wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:18 pm It’s not the copy protection : they must have read this thread and felt bad for you, like you’re not fully responsible of your acts or something... :D
The OP clearly stated that he purchased Avenger before the protection changed to CodeMeter.

Hats off to Vengeance for doing the right thing and refunding him.

izonin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:55 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:18 pm It’s not the copy protection : they must have read this thread and felt bad for you, like you’re not fully responsible of your acts or something... :D
The OP clearly stated that he purchased Avenger before the protection changed to CodeMeter.

Hats off to Vengeance for doing the right thing and refunding him.
No hard feelings, just mild trolling. :D
We didn’t insult our mamas, just had a little fun. :lol:

Yes, I’m happy he found a solution to his problem too. :tu:
Last edited by DJErmac on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yes i bought it before copy protection was changed
i dont know why they defend a company like that
its not fair for loyal customers

i get my money back
not because they are kind

because its the law
you must change it in your rights
and the have not done it , its against the EULA

so if you have the same problem like me ,
you have the rights to get paid back

Does the EULA by Vengeance Sound, for VPS Avenger, say that if they change the copy protection, the customer will get refunded by request? I'm confused..
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”