Martinic AX73 v1.4.0 dual-layer synth plugin (AAX/AU/CLAP/VST2/VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AX Bundle AX73

I've been using AX73 quite a bit lately and it always seems to deliver what I'm after with a minimum of fuss. I particularly like it's big, unison strings, both bright and dark. I can tweak it up in a few minutes to get the perfect sound for whatever I need. The more I use it, the more I like it. It seems to make every song sound better, which is just about the highest praise I can think of.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:31 pm I usually don't like a synth that simple, but AX73 has a really nice, silky and fat sound. Might buy it sometime up ahead.
Thanks! The 50% off introduction offer expires October 31st :)

AX73 Tutorial: Advanced Techniques

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbxCQ9w6fM

Liked how filter does here, at increased resonance (+ OWFM feature), interestingly modelled. Damn forced to buy literally because that lol.
Btw anyone did noticed that UI magnetophone can play ? What kind of message is encrypted there ? Maybe anyone have zx spectrum at hand.

Was that environment - synth and surroundings done in Blender? Textures and lighting look quite nice.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:41 pm Liked how filter does here, at increased resonance (+ OWFM feature), interestingly modelled. Damn forced to buy literally because that lol.
Btw anyone did noticed that UI magnetophone can play ? What kind of message is encrypted there ? Maybe anyone have zx spectrum at hand.
Just send it to your real AX73 tape in and see what happens :)

andy4trance wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 pm Was that environment - synth and surroundings done in Blender? Textures and lighting look quite nice.
Thanks! Yes all Blender.

The splash image looks like a photo at first glance.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yep, photorealistic image UI and video. Pro work done on all fronts, sound and looks!

We have released an update today. The visual feedback on the save button is much needed. This was requested by one of our sound designers Jam El Mar (Jam & Spoon) and how can we refuse :)

Downloads:
https://www.martinic.com/products/ax73-plus/downloads

Changes:

- Improved toolbar button visual feedback.
- Improved preset collection import/export.
- Fixed Windows UTF-8 path support.
- Fixed unison phase reset after All Notes Off/Panic.
- Fixed split/layer mode All Notes Off.
- Fixed hanging GUI keys on panic.

martinic wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:46 am
ZincT wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 am One issue I have is that it doesn't seem possible to step through all of the factory presets in sequence. If I select 1986 Layered and then hit the right arrow I get Purity Arp when I was expecting to get 3372 Stereo Bass and so on.

Would it be possible to fix this behaviour? While on this subject, adding a shortcut key for next/previous preset would also be great (maybe cursor keys).
The arrows have nothing to do with the Preset Manager. They step through your DAW's 32 Default presets. You can even change the Default 32 if you want.
Is there any chance of this UI behaviour being rethought in a future update? Like ZincT had assumed I also thought I could (for example) select the Legacy Collection in presets then just step forward or backward through those 99 presets by just clicking the left and right buttons on the UI by the preset name (or pressing left and right / up and down keyboard keys)

mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:42 pm
martinic wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:46 am
ZincT wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 am One issue I have is that it doesn't seem possible to step through all of the factory presets in sequence. If I select 1986 Layered and then hit the right arrow I get Purity Arp when I was expecting to get 3372 Stereo Bass and so on.

Would it be possible to fix this behaviour? While on this subject, adding a shortcut key for next/previous preset would also be great (maybe cursor keys).
The arrows have nothing to do with the Preset Manager. They step through your DAW's 32 Default presets. You can even change the Default 32 if you want.
Is there any chance of this UI behaviour being rethought in a future update? Like ZincT had assumed I also thought I could (for example) select the Legacy Collection in presets then just step forward or backward through those 99 presets by just clicking the left and right buttons on the UI by the preset name (or pressing left and right / up and down keyboard keys)
Yes, agreed.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:42 pm Is there any chance of this UI behaviour being rethought in a future update? Like ZincT had assumed I also thought I could (for example) select the Legacy Collection in presets then just step forward or backward through those 99 presets by just clicking the left and right buttons on the UI by the preset name (or pressing left and right / up and down keyboard keys)
Yes, it will be for sure added in a future update. We already made using the up/down/left/right arrow keys on the keyboard go to the presets but sadly have half switched it off. We had a problem with some DAW's when focusing the Key focus on the plugin in some cases it disabled the arrow keys use in the DAW and triggered other weird behavior in the DAW. Something simple like this can be really hard to fix for all DAW's. On some DAW's it already works to type something in search and backspace to get key focus from the DAW to the plugin, hover with your mouse over the presets box (focusing the DAW keys support to preset box), and see you can use the up/down/left/right arrow keys. We would not describe this as an implemented feature yet.

So it is already fully implemented but can't be used until we fix and enable this for all known DAW's.

martinic wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:24 am Just send it to your real AX73 tape in and see what happens :)
Cool heh.

Upd.
Found after 103 update little issue maybe.
Just load synth and at default (saw wave only) state, press at any note, there is little offset to left channel, that also seen at DAW peakmeter.
Check it pls.

martinic wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:15 pm
mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:42 pm Is there any chance of this UI behaviour being rethought in a future update? Like ZincT had assumed I also thought I could (for example) select the Legacy Collection in presets then just step forward or backward through those 99 presets by just clicking the left and right buttons on the UI by the preset name (or pressing left and right / up and down keyboard keys)
Yes, it will be for sure added in a future update....So it is already fully implemented but can't be used until we fix and enable this for all known DAW's.
That's fantastic news, thanks for the heads up. Crossing my fingers you manage to find a fix at some point in the future :)

Return to “Instruments”