Cherry Audio Products Now Offer Full Apple Silicon M1 Native Support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FotoxBr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:57 pm Some patches in the new ARM version VST, for instance PS-20, show a lot of spikes in the CPU load in my Bitwig 4.04.
The CPU load is effectively worse then with the X64 version in Komplete Kontrol in Bitwig. All at the normal sample rate.
4x oversampling give crackling with these patches with just one instance loaded.
I do not know what is causing this. Maybe it is more of a Bitwig 4.04 problem.
The spikes in CPU load could have something to do with the plugin trying to make contact with the internet. Performance is smoother since I confirmed internet access via a firewall popup that did not come up before. Also un-sandboxing seems to help.

Examigan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:35 pm
pough wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:32 pm Not only does Cherry Audio give us a bunch of retro synths, they also take us back to the 90s of computing when every software installation assumed we wanted icons on the desktop!
It adds the icon only if you select Standalone (along with VST or whatever other choices) during the install.
And even then, only on Windows.
Stormchild

I am wondering what synth CA they will emulate next. I thought a JP-8000 would be pretty cool, even though it used analog modeling. Roland could make one (for the Roland Cloud group of plugins), but they haven't yet.

Examigan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:08 am I am wondering what synth CA they will emulate next. I thought a JP-8000 would be pretty cool, even though it used analog modeling. Roland could make one (for the Roland Cloud group of plugins), but they haven't yet.
Looks like they're about to release Moog 900 series modules for Voltage Modular:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoV5bnFiTCE
Stormchild

Oversampling is IMO a bigger update, since it affects all users.

Return to “Instruments”