What happened to VSTplanet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Held wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:30 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:37 am What a bunch of ungrateful arseholes you lot are. Does it not occur to you that VST wouldn't exist without Steinberg? They invented the f**king thing, which has enabled us all to do stuff we couldn't have dreamed of 25 years ago, so how about you respect their right to control it however they please?
So they did a good thing once and earned the right to abuse their power forever? No thank you. If they hadn't come up with it, someone else would have.
But someone else didn't, they did....and have the right to protect their product/property/whatever

You don't have to agree with them....

AlienXXX wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:03 pm I certainly don't come here to be insulted or to insult others.
Where do you normally go?

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:37 pm But someone else didn't, they did....and have the right to protect their product/property/whatever

You don't have to agree with them....
Well yeah, but I certainly don't have to be grateful. Personally, I believe every company should serve its community or else it shouldn't exist. You don't have to agree with me...

Anyway, Steinberg seems to be okay with websites putting vst in their domain as long as you follow their guidelines. So there's probably something else going on here that we don't know about.

McLilith wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:10 am
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 pm im off to start a company "vurts spaghetti treats"
vst for short.

and there's nothing steinberg can do about it :lol:
You should start a electronic musical act (or maybe a production studio) and name it something like "Vurtual Synthesis Technology".

They can keep their "Virtual" stuff. You have something better. You have "Vurtual"! :D
oh thanks. now im on the run from steinbergs assassinborg :o

Wonder why VSTPlanet didnt just rename itself instead of ghosting all of us... this really sucks.

DollyNipples wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:52 pm Wonder why VSTPlanet didnt just rename itself instead of ghosting all of us... this really sucks.

Really sucks not knowing how to make your tracks sound professional and this this is just a case.

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:39 pm
AlienXXX wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:03 pm I certainly don't come here to be insulted or to insult others.
Up your rear end. That's where I normally go.
(since you didn't get the hint and seem to like this kind of conversation. Hope you are happy now)

jacqueslacouth wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:54 pm VSTbuzz and VST deals are still happily up and running....a tad inconsistent one might think.
Can't take care of everyone.

AlienXXX wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 pm
(since you didn't get the hint and seem to like this kind of conversation. Hope you are happy now)

AnX wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:47 pm
AlienXXX wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 pm
Sorry. I definitely did not get it as a joke. And did not find it funny.

Clearly...

The site is down. The DOmain is for sale?

If you take the lie out of AlienXXX, you get AnXXX. Do you think there is anything in that?

And me without popcorn. But in all seriousness, I would like to see the site revived by fans, even if it's under a new name. VSTPlanet gave a lot of great information about not only plugins, but also plugin hosts and other classics like Tuareg. Plugins4Free has some host links but it's seriously lacking in that department. We can whine all day about how unfair Steinberg has been, or we can do something about it.

I tried visiting vstplanet.com today, just to see what error message I might get. Instead of an error message, I now get automatically redirected to this Steinberg website:

https://www.steinberg.net/

I guess that's the end of the story. :neutral:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Instruments”