Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Yeah, you have to wait till you buy your favs alltogether, a little spiritual education from spectrasonics.

All four expansions sound really good, but they want too much money for them. I loved Eric’s BS spiel about their “great discount system that’s available all year round”. It really amounts to “no sales, ever, and you can either buy all four expansions at once or get bent over a barrel”. What a great discount system! An actually great discount system would let you progressively save money by buying additional expansions no matter when you buy them. This system is like “unless you’re rich enough to buy them all at once, screw you!” Gee, thanks! Really makes you feel like they appreciate the $500 you already spent just to get Omnisphere in the first place.

To paraphrase Dr. Phil, don’t put a dog turd in a bun and tell me it’s a hot dog.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:37 pm All four expansions sound really good, but they want too much money for them. I loved Eric’s BS spiel about their “great discount system that’s available all year round”. It really amounts to “no sales, ever, and you can either buy all four expansions at once or get bent over a barrel”. What a great discount system! An actually great discount system would let you progressively save money by buying additional expansions no matter when you buy them. This system is like “unless you’re rich enough to buy them all at once, screw you!” Gee, thanks! Really makes you feel like they appreciate the $500 you already spent just to get Omnisphere in the first place.

To paraphrase Dr. Phil, don’t put a dog turd in a bun and tell me it’s a hot dog.
Exactly. That's why I have written to their sales support asking for "retrospective discount" so that we can buy them in separate orders as budget permits and still get the discount. Not that they will accept, but just thought to give a try.

Might be worth it if a few of us could write such emails. That's the least thing possible with their discount system which is otherwise still expensive owing to "high" price of individual SEs.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 pm Might be worth it if a few of us could write such emails. That's the least thing possible with their discount system which is otherwise still expensive owing to "high" price of individual SEs.
With the current system, the discount only goes to people who don’t really need it. Individuals who can’t justify buying all four expansions at once will ultimately have to pay more.

And if they release more of these later, you also won’t get any discount for having bought previous ones.

Seems like they just haven’t thought this through. It’s probably a no brainer for big studios (that would have paid full price anyway and don’t need a discount), but to individuals who make music for fun it’s kind of a middle finger.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:51 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 pm Might be worth it if a few of us could write such emails. That's the least thing possible with their discount system which is otherwise still expensive owing to "high" price of individual SEs.
With the current system, the discount only goes to people who don’t really need it. Individuals who can’t justify buying all four expansions at once will ultimately have to pay more.

And if they release more of these later, you also won’t get any discount for having bought previous ones.

Seems like they just haven’t thought this through. It’s probably a no brainer for big studios (that would have paid full price anyway and don’t need a discount), but to individuals who make music for fun it’s kind of a middle finger.
Yes, that's the point. For now, the best value is in getting 3 SEs at a time. But $312 is not a small amount. I think it will all depend on the frequency of their releases. Spending $312 once a year might not be that bad assuming they release 4 SEs a year, but if they release more of them faster the figure can quickly escalate and become impossible for home studio musicians. Not that we are asked to buy every time, but SEs would be nice additions if you use Omnisphere regularly. Let's see what they reply to my email.

you don't "need" them.
omni is not designed or aimed at the hobbyist market. its for sound designers on deadlines for tv and film stuff. that's spectrasonics market, always has been.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 pm
Arashi wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:37 pm All four expansions sound really good, but they want too much money for them. I loved Eric’s BS spiel about their “great discount system that’s available all year round”. It really amounts to “no sales, ever, and you can either buy all four expansions at once or get bent over a barrel”. What a great discount system! An actually great discount system would let you progressively save money by buying additional expansions no matter when you buy them. This system is like “unless you’re rich enough to buy them all at once, screw you!” Gee, thanks! Really makes you feel like they appreciate the $500 you already spent just to get Omnisphere in the first place.

Exactly. That's why I have written to their sales support asking for "retrospective discount" so that we can buy them in separate orders as budget permits and still get the discount. Not that they will accept, but just thought to give a try.

Might be worth it if a few of us could write such emails. That's the least thing possible with their discount system which is otherwise still expensive owing to "high" price of individual SEs.
yeah i wanted to write them as well, and will do. did you get a reply?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 pm

I wrote them today, so will hopefully get a reply on Monday. Will post what they say. Can hold off until then if you want. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:45 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:34 pm

I wrote them today, so will hopefully get a reply on Monday. Will post what they say. Can hold off until then if you want. :)
ahhh ok, yeah i dont expect a reply so fast :D but would be cool if you let us know! cause if you buy all 4 now i think it should get discounted in future too if you but 2 again or something
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

They actually replied pretty fast to my previous email which was about a general question. I am expecting a reply on Monday. Sure, will let you all know. Let's hope the answer is "what we do not expect." ;)

Arashi wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:51 pm it’s kind of a middle finger.
Some people like the taste of Eric’s middle finger. Don’t kink shame them. Some people are into financial domination you know?

I'm facepalming over some comments here.

People really have too much spare time. Especially in Corona times, it seems.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 pm I'm facepalming over some comments here.

Says the man with 29,548 posts. :lol:

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hoxclab wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:43 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 pm I'm facepalming over some comments here.

Says the man with 29,548 posts. :lol:
Pure quality. Unlike yours. ;)

Return to “Instruments”