Spectrasonics says they have big news coming next Tuesday (19th October)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
daExpert
KVRist
353 posts since 20 Nov, 2005

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:50 am

It's Omnisphere III. PERIOD.

Cinebient
KVRAF
5138 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:56 am

cryophonik wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:21 am
Sounds more like they sampled a burning witch
Here you go..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4IGuiBySV4
🧙‍♀️🧙🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11524 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 am

I’m personally hoping it’s MPE compatibility in Omnisphere.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88276 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am

Cinebient wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:56 am
cryophonik wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:21 am
Sounds more like they sampled a burning witch
Here you go..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4IGuiBySV4
🧙‍♀️🧙🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️
the peroxide on that stage, suggests, they might not really be witches :?

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9460 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:31 am

I'm guessing since multiple products, one thing will be an omnisphere update, plus at least one library, probably vocal based. And maybe an effect or effect bundle as well.

StefVR
KVRer
6 posts since 24 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:44 pm

daExpert wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:50 am
It's Omnisphere III. PERIOD.
They say it’s not what you think so no way it’s Omnisphere. Everyone thinks first it’s Omnisphere

epiphaneia
KVRian
889 posts since 29 May, 2011 from Germany

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 pm

StefVR wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:44 pm
daExpert wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:50 am
It's Omnisphere III. PERIOD.
They say it’s not what you think so no way it’s Omnisphere. Everyone thinks first it’s Omnisphere
On the other hand, a lot of people go "can't be Omnisphere 3", so if it's not what they think... :hihi:

Buckster
KVRist
326 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:55 pm

I think Omnisphere 3 too - but more modular and with new generators

just my guess

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3586 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Omnisphere 7.

That would be unexpected.

Except not any more.

Dang this is hard.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

User avatar
cryophonik
KVRAF
7576 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Vocal Planet ‘21 available as genre-specific expansions for Omnisphere 7

*backward compatible with Omnisphere 2

TS-12
KVRian
574 posts since 24 Apr, 2008 from USA

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:53 pm

Maybe finally a fix for 2 common omnisphere issues: slow browser gui and loss of patches on channels
win10 x64. cubase 10 x64.
gigabyte z390 gaming x, i7-8700k, 32GB,
2x 2TB m.2 nvme SSD, 1x 2TB sata ssd.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
9460 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 pm

TS-12 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:53 pm
Maybe finally a fix for 2 common omnisphere issues: slow browser gui and loss of patches on channels
But is that expected? If so it can't be that.

I still say it'll be Larynx RMX. Based on the audio teaser.

Downangle
KVRer
27 posts since 25 Apr, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 pm

noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:21 pm
Omnisphere 7.

That would be unexpected.

Except not any more.

Dang this is hard.
My favorite of all the comments. :lol:

Chrisk-K
KVRist
293 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:26 pm

My guess is Spectrasonics will adopt a Roland-Cloud-esque subscription business model.

daradei
KVRist
180 posts since 26 Aug, 2004 from Budapest, HU

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:18 pm

it’s gonna be Eric Persing finally getting a pair of glasses on Tuesday. if you watch the Omni 2.5 intro video it’s obvious he can’t see properly :( or finally some gameplay from the newly remade GTA trilogy

Return to “Instruments”