What would you want in Serum 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems weird that it’s not here. I sparked it up today and tossed some PPG wavetables into it and had a blast. It’s been a while, but I instantly fell back into it as if I’d used it yesterday. So intuitive, and it still sounds great. I thought it deserved a “wishlist” thread. What would you want to see in Serum 2? Here’s a few small things I felt could be added.
  • Some audio rate modulation. Filter FM, some basic FM. Could be great if they were available in the mod matrix, but a few things would be nice.
  • A few more analog filter models. Maybe a SH-101 or 303. Those haven’t been done to death.
  • A second filter slot with modulatable blend.
  • A third full oscillator. The samples in the noise osc are nice, but a full on third oscillator would rule.
That’s what I can think of at the moment. Post your ideas.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 am Seems weird that it’s not here. I sparked it up today and tossed some PPG wavetables into it and had a blast. It’s been a while, but I instantly fell back into it as if I’d used it yesterday. So intuitive, and it still sounds great. I thought it deserved a “wishlist” thread. What would you want to see in Serum 2? Here’s a few small things I felt could be added.
  • Some audio rate modulation. Filter FM, some basic FM. Could be great if they were available in the mod matrix, but a few things would be nice.
  • A few more analog filter models. Maybe a SH-101 or 303. Those haven’t been done to death.
  • A second filter slot with modulatable blend.
  • A third full oscillator. The samples in the noise osc are nice, but a full on third oscillator would rule.
That’s what I can think of at the moment. Post your ideas.
Steve Duda announced in a podcast a year ago that Serum 2 was imminent. ... that was a year ago when Vital Hype was strong... I am still waiting for the imminent release of Serum 2...

Arpeggiator, sequencer is the one feature missing the most. MSEGs don't make up for it.

...basically, I can't think of any possible feature that's not already in Arturia Pigments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

3rd osc. Granular, additive, sample playback. Another filter, arp and sequencer.

decent price :):):)

some different mode on the osc sound ,kinda like waldorf M, a other filter parrallel /serial switch ,more filters type with some with fm , maybe granular.
Last edited by kobal on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

3rd osc
ARP, Step Sequencer
Maybe MOD matrix on first page
Randomizer functions overall and or for mseg etc
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

second slot for warp on each osc is really needed the most to open new sonic universe ( wiht option to at least 8x oversampling, 16 or 32x for render ), just that i update wihtout thinking , new filter slot parrallel / serial and more filter, more zdf one with audiorate modulation.
also more options to create wavetable.
what ever is there it will be good and i will update anyway..using this synth since first version the programing experience is nice and fun and he added so many new features for free already

3rd OSC + granular + fm
2nd filter + more analog modes + parallel + serial + more drive/distortion options on filters
Arp
Better CPU optimization when playing any chords and/or sounds with longer release time
Render oversampling options

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 am Seems weird that it’s not here.
Yeah... Like Sylenth2 or Spire 2 as well. Well, software development takes a lot of time, I guess.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:33 am decent price :):):)
Forget it, won't happen. ;)

price is not a problem it s well worth the price and if you count all the update for free, it s kinda not super expensive synth.. lot of companies would charge for these updates

I’d like to see a radio tuner on it.

kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 pm price is not a problem it s well worth the price and if you count all the update for free, it s kinda not super expensive synth.. lot of companies would charge for these updates
Like?

kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 pm price is not a problem
It is for me. Price is why I've never purchased Serum. Maybe it's because I've got a folder full of other synths and Serum is only a 2 Osc synth. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”