Best all round soft synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

psynical wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 pm holy shit. What is it with new users starting these stupid f'in list threads?
My guess: Research for market driven web blogs. Or something similar.

Dune 3. It’s been a synth I ignored for a while. However it’s a fantastic all rounder. Doesn’t do everything granted but has a huge range enclosed within a simple UI. Audio rate modulation and awesome filters round it off.

Wishes: more refined layer editing and a more elegant mod matrix. But… I’ll take it as is any day!
Busy saucing sounds - soundsauca.com

syntonica wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:46 am All your bases belong to us!
Baah, if you're going to quote something like that, do it correctly! 😤
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Soundsauca wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:17 pm Dune 3. It’s been a synth I ignored for a while. However it’s a fantastic all rounder. Doesn’t do everything granted but has a huge range enclosed within a simple UI. Audio rate modulation and awesome filters round it off.

Wishes: more refined layer editing and a more elegant mod matrix. But… I’ll take it as is any day!
Dune 3 is definitely one of the best imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

foosnark wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:57 pm
Liquid lino wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:58 pm Uvi falcon does literally everything you could possibly want in a synth.
Somehow, I doubt this very much. :lol:

The main thing I see when I look at the webpage for Falcon is a vehicle for selling expansions and presets, and I find it pretty repulsive. Maybe there's a decent synth (or six) hiding behind all the capitalism, but.... meh.

I strongly prefer smaller, focused synths that have their own character, not something that just checks off a bunch of items on a feature list. Give me one great sounding filter that is well suited to the rest of the instrument's design, not a choice of 42 filter types where I can't make myself care about 39 of them.
You don’t have to believe him but he’s definitely not lying :) you can pretty much create any kind of Synth sound you want within Falcon. And this is before any expansions or additional libraries are added to it. You don’t even need additional libraries to get mostly any synth tone you want. And the expansions are dirt cheap at $39 retail and usually on sale for 50% off.

My softsynth search concluded when I started using Falcon and I highly doubt anything will come close to what it offers anytime soon. If so I will be first in line to download lol!

Soundsauca wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:17 pm
Sorry for the offtopic, but, I've been listening to the sound demo for your Mininova soundset a few days ago (well... already listened to it some time ago already, but, listened to it again), and, they're hands down the best sounds I ever heard for the synth (and I've listened to a lot of them, and none of them really convinced me, apart from yours). You have a gift. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:59 pm
Soundsauca wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:17 pm
Sorry for the offtopic, but, I've been listening to the sound demo for your Mininova soundset a few days ago (well... already listened to it some time ago already, but, listened to it again), and, they're hands down the best sounds I ever heard for the synth (and I've listened to a lot of them, and none of them really convinced me, apart from yours). You have a gift. :tu:
Hi there, that’s much appreciated, thank you 😊 I’d love a MN plugin but that’s not gonna happen anytime soon. MN is a synth greater than the sum of its parts.
Busy saucing sounds - soundsauca.com

there is no such thing as an all-round best synth. "Best" and "all-around" disagree; cf., jack of all trades, master of none.

you might want to think of synths as individual instruments you'd choose like those of an orchestra.

I can do things in eg., Absynth that many if not most assume it doesn't do well if at all, but 'moog bass' is not worth the time at all in there, esp if I have something made to do that. Or your real swift substractive VA is maybe not going to give much joy if you want additive or modal synthesis, or Yamaha FM.

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:14 pm I’m pretty sure no on kvr knows the answer but since i get to be fist i’d say One Ping Only.
You're fist

… but if someone is heavily into ping-style-percussion music, OnePingOnly would be a great allrounder.

d16 lush 101, nothing comes close.

i got fist´d too btw...

:-o

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:49 pm you can pretty much create any kind of Synth sound you want within Falcon.
I can create any kind of synth sound I want without Falcon.

foosnark wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:51 pm
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:49 pm you can pretty much create any kind of Synth sound you want within Falcon.
well, with falcon you can create sounds you dont like then! its very versatile.

Another vote for Falcon! It covers all the bases and is very flexible. It is also very lightweight.

foosnark wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:51 pm
More power to ya! :phones:

Return to “Instruments”