Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:13 pm It seems Dune 3.5 update can wipe users presets folders and sound banks. Please warn people about this before they update.
It hasn't wiped anything here on two different systems. What Operating System do you use ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:13 pm It seems Dune 3.5 update can wipe users presets folders and sound banks. Please warn people about this before they update.
Doesn't delete anything, that's false information

How? I directed the folder I'm always using for patches and have no problems here.

I had to resend download links to a customer because the update lost all his sound banks.

I am not here to spread "false information". But if this is happening, people should be aware of it and the developer should warn people to back up their presets before updating.

It looks like most people here didn't get any problem and that's great. Just a good idea to backup sound banks before updating.

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:28 pm
Doesn't delete anything, that's false information
Well I've updated my post to include the word (COULD), as it has happened to a customer. It's not false information.

But it is second hand information so.....

Can you find out what OS your customer is using? Can you find out what steps he or she took when installing ?

Yes if there is a potential problem then it needs to be addressed but other than your customer's report I've seen no evidence that the install can wipe any presets. DUNE 3 has never done that going back countless versions.

Of course back up before updating anything is always good advice.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:42 pm But it is second hand information so.....

Can you find out what OS your customer is using? Can you find out what steps he or she took when installing ?

Yes if there is a potential problem then it needs to be addressed but other than your customer's report I've seen no evidence that the install can wipe any presets. DUNE 3 has never done that going back countless versions.

I probably is user error. But a fair warning to backup before updating. I will keep an eye if any other of my customers reporting the same.

Btw, I am trying to be helpful here, I don't like "false information" thrown at me when I am trying to help. :?

DUNE 3 does not delete any patch or folder during installation. That's for sure.

The only one reason why the patches could dissapear is the different data folder location used in the past than during new/update installation.

For example if any of the past installation has had data folder location pointed to "E:\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3" and the new installation, by a chance, is pointing to the "C:\(...)My Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3" then simply reading Soundbanks folder location has changed for DUNE 3 and the same all custom patches are not found anymore (and found are only factories delivered with the installator).

In such case the easiest solution is to copy all the data to the new location from the previous one or reinstall by using previous data folder location.

intro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:52 pm DUNE 3 does not delete any patch or folder during installation. That's for sure.

The only one reason why the patches could dissapear is the different data folder location used in the past than during new/update installation.

For example if any of the past installation has had data folder location pointed to "E:\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3" and the new installation, by a chance, is pointing to the "C:\(...)My Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 3" then simply reading Soundbanks folder location has changed for DUNE 3 and the same all custom patches are not found anymore (and found are only factories delivered with the installator).

In such case the easiest solution is to copy all the data to the new location from the previous one or reinstall by using previous data folder location.
Thank you for this helpful post. This is likely what happened. At least I can use this information if it happens again.

Cheers! :tu:

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:47 pm Btw, I am trying to be helpful here, I don't like "false information" thrown at me when I am trying to help. :?
I know you're trying to be helpful and I for one appreciate it but if you had said that it was your customer's report and that it didn't actually happen to you then your original post wouldn't have across as so alarmist.

No one here has anything to gain by turning a blind eye to any potential issue. I'm a heavy user of DUNE 3 so if there is any potential issue then of course I would like it to be fixed but we first have to establish that it is an actual issue.

We all want DUNE 3 to be as perfect as humanly possible so we're all on the same team. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:03 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:47 pm Btw, I am trying to be helpful here, I don't like "false information" thrown at me when I am trying to help. :?
I know you're trying to be helpful and I for one appreciate it but if you had said that it was your customer's report and that it didn't actually happen to you then your original post wouldn't have across as so alarmist.

No one here has anything to gain by turning a blind eye to any potential issue. I'm a heavy user of DUNE 3 so if there is any potential issue then of course I would like it to be fixed but we first have to establish that it is an actual issue.

We all want DUNE 3 to be as perfect as humanly possible so we're all on the same team. :tu:
See post above. There is a scenario where presets can go missing. Now armed with this information, I can help my customers should they face the same issue. :)

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:37 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm I guess, but if it's a mod source it should work. :wink:
The filter/amp envelopes are per-voice whereas the FX BUS section applies to the sum of the voices that have that bus enabled - section 4.1 of the dune 3.5 manual, so I don't think I'd expect them to have an effect on any of the FX BUS destinations?

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:47 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:42 pm But it is second hand information so.....

I probably is user error. But a fair warning to backup before updating. I will keep an eye if any other of my customers reporting the same.

Btw, I am trying to be helpful here, I don't like "false information" thrown at me when I am trying to help. :?
Well, you're not being helpful, you are spreading false information based on hearsay.

This was covered in page 1 of this thread, so definitely no problem with D3 installation.

Nevermind
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let's all go have a play with the new version of DUNE 3... :tu:

Return to “Instruments”