IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

I don't understand what's going on with this. I have Syntronik 1 with all the synths, so I assumed all the ones I've purchased would be available in Syntronik 2 when I opened it, but just a few demo presets. It worked this way for Amplitube; all the amps, effects, etc. I already have appear in the newer versions. Does there need to be an update or do I just continue using the old Syntronik to use what I've already purchased? I'm actually considering selling all my IK stuff since I don't use it as much as I do other brands (Arturia, Brainworx, Logic native stuff, kv331, etc.)

Made a post in the IK forum, but it disappeared. Using the wayback machine to find out the old syntronik deluxe specs, it had 2600 patches taking up 80gb. Syntronik 2 has 4000 patches, also taking up 80gb, and the same basic instruments. My guess is that the legacy presets use the sampletank3 engine, and the new ones use sampletank4, but have the same waveform samples. Syntronik 2 SE only has 1000 patches, and who knows if they're new; they might be a grab bag.

The MAX version adds 120gb of samples and another whackload of presets. At a $149 upgrade price (if they fix the code and its available), brought down to $100ish with jampoints doesn't sound unreasonable.

On the other hand, Analog Lab is available as an upgrade from Lite for $70, and V Collection 8 is $200 (current sale). Lab has 1000 presets and is similarly limited. V Collection 8 has 10000 presets, a similar number of vintage synths, and doesn't take up 200gb of storage.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:54 am
stringsofthesoul wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 am Now, there's the Syntronik MAX upgrade, for which I'd need to spend another $150 (max $45 in Jam Points as a discount on this). So in total, $199.99 spent on the Group Buy, and $99.99 for TS 3.5 MAX - $300. Then another ~$100 for Syntronik 2 MAX, which I won't buy because I cannot sustain this amount of expenditure on a hobby.
Be happy you don't have to pay in EUR, and that you don't have to pay 25% tax. A 100 EUR + 25% is 125 EUR, and in USD that would be around 145.
I'm afraid to report I do have to pay in €, and I'm subject to VAT :)

jneudorf wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm On the other hand, Analog Lab is available as an upgrade from Lite for $70, and V Collection 8 is $200 (current sale). Lab has 1000 presets and is similarly limited. V Collection 8 has 10000 presets, a similar number of vintage synths, and doesn't take up 200gb of storage.
V Collection n is obviously circuit modelled synchs rather than sample based so its a different thing, but great value (especially now!) and is far more flexible and programable. UVI Vintage Vault is probably closer (65 instruments) or even Kontakt 6 stuff (also currently 50% off and you get a ridiculous amount of sample based instruments).

Personally I like NKS so use Kontact a lot (I wish IK would add it, its great not having to load a patch to hear what it sounds like!) but I also use the UVI stuff as I have Falcon and that offers the most powerful sound shaping engine of them all IMHO.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:37 pm I think I understand what is going on, maybe I was just being think but a lot of people, seem top be saying things are 'unauthorised' so maybe this will help....(assuming I am correct!)

Using CS when you have Syntronik 1 (deluxe)

If you select Syntronik 1 in the Generation is shows the 'original' pre-sets in white (you can open these) and the new pre-sets in grey (you cant open these). The actual instruments show up as unauthored as they are not the Syntronik 2 'versions' but they open just the sounds for the original pre-sets (you cant edit in the new interface)

If you select Syntronik 2 generation you get some demo pre-sets where you can open the new UI (although for some reason most just use 1 of the 4 oscillators so they are not great for demoing the possibilities)

I hope this helps some demo!

I don't believe is correct. By way of example, there are 100 presets approximately in Bully in the original Syntroniks application. In Syntroniks 2 there are about 15 showing up (in white) with the rest showing up an unauthorized . I believe there is an authorization issue which will likely get sorted out soon. I own Syntroniks Deluxe original and have them both (1 and 2) opened on my desktop as I write this. As I understand it even in the free CS version the old presets should show up in Syntroniks 2 and be be accessible if owned and authorized. I am doing a full rescan of all paths to see if this is something local to my machine and update if I find something contradictory.
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhiguli8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:36 pm I don't understand what's going on with this. I have Syntronik 1 with all the synths, so I assumed all the ones I've purchased would be available in Syntronik 2 when I opened it, but just a few demo presets. It worked this way for Amplitube; all the amps, effects, etc. I already have appear in the newer versions. Does there need to be an update or do I just continue using the old Syntronik to use what I've already purchased? I'm actually considering selling all my IK stuff since I don't use it as much as I do other brands (Arturia, Brainworx, Logic native stuff, kv331, etc.)
OK so I can confirm that this works now. The steps posted by Peter earlier in this thread will work:
- Unauthorize S2
- Authorize it again
- Restore purchases in Custom Shop

After that all my patches from S1 are availabe. They behave exactly the same as they would in S1 but the edit panel is locked and will say "locked for legacy patches" or something like that.

So this essentially means you if you own S1 you will get M1 support and a bunch of new patches as a free upgrade. While I understand the gripes people have with the update model here, personally since I got S1 Deluxe as a freebie and all I wanted was M1 native compatibility I'm happy (please do T-Racks next ;)).

stringsofthesoul wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:56 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:54 am
stringsofthesoul wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 am Now, there's the Syntronik MAX upgrade, for which I'd need to spend another $150 (max $45 in Jam Points as a discount on this). So in total, $199.99 spent on the Group Buy, and $99.99 for TS 3.5 MAX - $300. Then another ~$100 for Syntronik 2 MAX, which I won't buy because I cannot sustain this amount of expenditure on a hobby.
Be happy you don't have to pay in EUR, and that you don't have to pay 25% tax. A 100 EUR + 25% is 125 EUR, and in USD that would be around 145.
I'm afraid to report I do have to pay in €, and I'm subject to VAT :)
Congrats! :D

I'm so tired of this, but the sales tax is not the developers fault, it's EU's, and the countries in EU's fault. But when they charge the same amount in both EUR and USD, this is ridiculous IMO, and an outrage.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

flori89 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:46 pm
zhiguli8 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:36 pm I don't understand what's going on with this. I have Syntronik 1 with all the synths, so I assumed all the ones I've purchased would be available in Syntronik 2 when I opened it, but just a few demo presets. It worked this way for Amplitube; all the amps, effects, etc. I already have appear in the newer versions. Does there need to be an update or do I just continue using the old Syntronik to use what I've already purchased? I'm actually considering selling all my IK stuff since I don't use it as much as I do other brands (Arturia, Brainworx, Logic native stuff, kv331, etc.)
OK so I can confirm that this works now. The steps posted by Peter earlier in this thread will work:
- Unauthorize S2
- Authorize it again
- Restore purchases in Custom Shop

After that all my patches from S1 are availabe. They behave exactly the same as they would in S1 but the edit panel is locked and will say "locked for legacy patches" or something like that.

So this essentially means you if you own S1 you will get M1 support and a bunch of new patches as a free upgrade. While I understand the gripes people have with the update model here, personally since I got S1 Deluxe as a freebie and all I wanted was M1 native compatibility I'm happy (please do T-Racks next ;)).
Confirmed, they must have reset the server again as didn't work for me this morning and does now :-) I also noted they have updated T-Racks with the new reverb etc.

All they need to do now is include S2 MAX in TS 3.5 MAX and I am a happy camper!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I can confirm it's working now, I have Syntronik 1 Deluxe.
However, the new interface offers no benefits at all. The edit window is off limits for Syntronik 1 presets and the text is smaller and kind of blurry (like SampleTank 4's mixer.)
I realize these are meant for larger screens but I have a small monitor and right now the Syntronik 1 interface is the far better choice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm so confused. I can see & play all my v1 presets but I can't edit them in v2. Are there v2 presets at all unless I buy the libraries or Max version? Not even some demo presets that so I can try out the new features. The ability of IK to confound & confuse is unbelievable
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm so confused. I can see & play all my v1 presets but I can't edit them in v2. Are there v2 presets at all unless I buy the libraries or Max version? Not even some demo presets that so I can try out the new features. The ability of IK to confound & confuse is unbelievable
There are a few GB of S2 demo patches that you can install with the product manager.

ians wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:00 pm I'm so confused. I can see & play all my v1 presets but I can't edit them in v2. Are there v2 presets at all unless I buy the libraries or Max version? Not even some demo presets that so I can try out the new features. The ability of IK to confound & confuse is unbelievable
Just click "Syntronik 1" under "Generation" in the filters panel and you'll see just the new v2 presets which can be edited with the new controls. You can still edit the v1 syntronik patches just as if you were using the v1 vst as normal, you haven't lost anything. You just can't edit v1 patches with the new editor panel (which was never in v1).

Apple silicon native support for all the old v1 instruments is a big bonus for sure if you are on an M1 Mac.

Meester Smeeeth wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:09 pm
Just click "Syntronik 1" under "Generation" in the filters panel and you'll see just the new v2 presets which can be edited with the new controls. You can still edit the v1 syntronik patches just as if you were using the v1 vst as normal, you haven't lost anything. You just can't edit v1 patches with the new editor panel (which was never in v1).

Apple silicon native support for all the old v1 instruments is a big bonus for sure if you are on an M1 Mac.
Not seeing any V2 presets when I click on Syntronik 1. Shouldn't they be under Syntronik 2? Not seeing anything in there

ians wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:16 pm
Meester Smeeeth wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Not seeing any V2 presets when I click on Syntronik 1. Shouldn't they be under Syntronik 2? Not seeing anything in there
make sure you've got no Models selected in column 1. If you have click the "X" next to "Model" to clear the filter.

If you're using the Syntronik 2 plug-in or standalone version you will see, below "Filters" options for Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2.

Click on Syntronik 2 so it goes Orange and you'll see the full list of presets included with Syntronik 2 CS (assuming you have the CS version). If they're not there you probably need to still download the sound content in Product Manager (It should have prompted you to do this when you installed the main plug-in).

If you haven't downloaded the sounds the list for the v2 patches will be empty. Just go to the sounds tab in Product manager, find Syntronik 2 CS and download the sound content if you haven’t already.

If you load any of those presets you can click the EDIT button on the bottom left. You can't click the EDIT button for any v1 presets you have, but still get access to the original control panel where you can edit them exactly as you could in Syntronik 1.

Thanks. That solves it. I haven't downloaded the v2 sounds. Strange, there didn't seem to be any in the manager earlier, but now they are there.
Thanks for your help

Ian

Return to “Instruments”