IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
jamcat
KVRian
1356 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:28 am

Bandaide wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:21 am
Sorry to hear everyone's troubles. Sounds like corporate gave the coders a Black Friday deadline.
IK aren’t corporate. At least not yet.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
7550 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:40 am

Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI MAX users should be able to unlock Syntronik 2.

Anybody with authorization issues or people with the products mentioned above who aren't seeing what they should authorized, please try the following:
  • Load the IK Product Manager
  • UNauthorize the Syntronik 2 there
  • Next, Re-Authorize it again
Custom Shop Application location:
MAC: HD > Applications > Custom Shop
PC: Start > Programs > IK Multimedia > Custom Shop
  • Load the Custom Shop application from the location above
  • At the top go to your account name > Restore My Purchases
  • All your modules, etc should be unlocked.

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

8373 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:41 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:40 am
Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI MAX users should be able to unlock Syntronik 2.

Anybody with authorization issues or people with the products mentioned above who aren't seeing what they should authorized, please try the following:
It's Syntronik CS that wont unlock and also seems to lock previously purchased unlocked content....will try above and report back

And...it didn't work (tried both things), everything still locked and saying it needs to be authorised.
Last edited by SLiC on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

SoftSynthLover99
KVRist
203 posts since 27 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:42 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:22 am
I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.
From what I’ve saw in the demos you can actually do those things. All the waveforms for each synth are able to be selected or mix/matched which is something I find very intriguing (Syntronik 1 didn’t have this). Also you can run different Synths through different filters (moog through a roland and vice versa).

I’ve used Syntronik since it released and it is a very good synth library.

SoftSynthLover99
KVRist

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:40 am

Hey Peter few questions. Is this Apple M1 compatible?

Also does buying Total Studio 3.5 MAX give you everything included in Syntronik 2 MAX? Bit confusing to be honest! If you have Syntronik Deluxe + Syntronik 2 is that the same as Syntronik 2 MAX? If no could you explain the differences?

Roman Wisniak
KVRist
425 posts since 28 Jul, 2003 from Poland

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am

I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.
Omnisphere has great presets. Syntronik presets are crap.
Presets of one of my favourite analog ever - Memorymoog (from Syntronik's compilation) sound so digital I can't even recognize it.
Last edited by Roman Wisniak on Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9224 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am

SoftSynthLover99 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:42 am

From what I’ve saw in the demos you can actually do those things. All the waveforms for each synth are able to be selected or mix/matched which is something I find very intriguing (Syntronik 1 didn’t have this). Also you can run different Synths through different filters (moog through a roland and vice versa).

I'm looking at the photos on the IK site and I don't see an OSC section that resembles the OSC section of an actual synth with the waveforms that can be selected or how to mix and match. I don't know....so many good actual VA's out there (Diva, TAL J-8, RePro-1/5, Obsession, The Legend). This product is lost on me.

oneway
KVRist
381 posts since 11 Dec, 2017

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:04 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:55 am
Word of warning to anyone who tries it- the installer still leaves massive undeleted download ZIP files in your 'download' directory that defaults to C:, so be careful if you have an SSD, you will find space soon runs out!
Iirc they do this as a “favor” because they charge you money to download your files a second time down the road.

SoftSynthLover99
KVRist

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:06 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am
SoftSynthLover99 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:42 am

I'm looking at the photos on the IK site and I don't see an OSC section that resembles the OSC section of an actual synth with the waveforms that can be selected or how to mix and match. I don't know....so many good actual VA's out there (Diva, TAL J-8, RePro-1/5, Obsession, The Legend). This product is lost on me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKVrqbjf0gM About 58 seconds into the video they show (I believe) what you are describing. Called the wave set browser which is new to Syntronik 2. Seems you can basically select the waveforms of any of the included synths and mix and match them.

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:08 am

oneway wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:04 am
SLiC wrote:
Word of warning to anyone who tries it- the installer still leaves massive undeleted download ZIP files in your 'download' directory that defaults to C:, so be careful if you have an SSD, you will find space soon runs out!
Iirc they do this as a “favor” because they charge you money to download your files a second time down the road.
I wasn't so impressed when my system SSD space suddenly vanished after I installed MAX (to separate drive) using the auto installer and there was like 100Gig of ZIP files in user/documents/IK left over!! :o
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

mcbpete
KVRAF
1876 posts since 24 Jun, 2006 from London, England

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:08 am

oneway wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:04 am
SLiC wrote:
Yeah I definitely recommend sticking these zips (either unzipped or otherwise) on an external drive for exactly this reason - will save you money in the long term !

jacqueslacouth
KVRian
1154 posts since 18 Nov, 2004 from The Liberated People's Republic of Straya

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 am

Interesting coincidence, that this thread comes up just as I was attempting to navigate my IKM user area as part of a huge purge of software on my computer. I know I have bought a lot of stuff from IK since way back in the dark ages and for the most part had written their stuff off in recent years. Syntronik and (I think) Amplitube max were all that survived. I had ditched ST3 and the old moog, OB, Tron libraries back when they became just too bloody awkward to maintain with one of Apple's OS updates, recently Syntronik doesn't seem to have its library anymore (or at least can't find it, neither can I)...BUT...

When I logged into my user area.... :o good lord...what is all this stuff??? CS products galore that I have utterly no need of, no real (or immediately obvious) upgrade path, need to purchase a download token to see if I can get any of my old purchases to work and (from my perspective) the utterly annoying and unnecessary intertwining of different products with ST...I just don't know if any of it is worth the the hassle...do I really need to sacrifice huge amounts of hard drive space for these sample libraries...and can Ieven work out what I need to buy to keep IKM relevant in my rig.... :clown:

Hmmm, I think I have answered my own questions...adios IKM...join the purge.

SLiC
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 am

Has anyone been able to run it authorised yet to give it a spin?

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:21 am

SoftSynthLover99 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 am
Hey Peter few questions. Is this Apple M1 compatible?

Also does buying Total Studio 3.5 MAX give you everything included in Syntronik 2 MAX? Bit confusing to be honest! If you have Syntronik Deluxe + Syntronik 2 is that the same as Syntronik 2 MAX? If no could you explain the differences?
Yes Syntronik 2 is M1 compatible.

Also, SampleTank 4 has been updated and is M1 native and you can run these in there (the update is out to support Syntronik 2 specifically of course but has some other changes/updates too):
SampleTank 4.1.5 is now available. What's new:

• Added support for Syntronik 2 libraries
• Native support of Apple M1 processor
• AAX SDK update to 2.4.0
• General reliability improvements

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:22 am

IK Product Manager allows you to set your downloads location wherever you prefer. You can also choose where to install sound libraries in the sound tab (click the menu dots, choose "Install to").

Return to “Instruments”