IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1
Examigan
KVRAF
6688 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:34 am

I don't feel that way, as the browser helps navigate through them pretty well.
Click a synth on the left, or use categories like Brass, Synth Lead, etc., and it's much more managable.

Oopi
KVRist
52 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:38 pm

I have been playing with Syntronik 2. Is the number of presets wrong in IK page where they are listed. For example in Megawave I don't have 128 presets only half of that. And in M12 I have 59 presets but IK page says 115. In KW-8000 80 presets not 200 and so on. So did I do something wrong or is IK presets listing wrong?

Chrisk-K
KVRist
318 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:31 pm

turtletooth wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 am Anyone else find Syntronik overwhelming with the number of presests? I had to delete most of the instruments and just leave the Prophet, Juno, Jupiter, Mini and String synths. It feels much more manageable this way. Too much choice isn't always a great thing.
I don’t find a huge # of presets overwhelming when it cones to Arturia and UVI. The issue with Syntronik is the super sloooow loading of presets. Even my Garritan CFX loads faster than Syntronik.

isaiahamias
KVRer
2 posts since 4 Jan, 2022

Post Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:31 am

turtletooth how do i buy your kselect upgrade to komplete?

FlowStri
KVRer
25 posts since 1 Jun, 2018 from Frankfurt / Germany

Post Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:46 pm

I feel so stupid but I really don't get the following point: I have Syntronik Deluxe. If I buy Syntronic 2 SE, what do I get for my money?

I'm sorry if this was already answered, maybe I was a little lost in translation (German)

ghettosynth
KVRAF
13753 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:47 pm

FlowStri wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:46 pm I feel so stupid but I really don't get the following point: I have Syntronik Deluxe. If I buy Syntronic 2 SE, what do I get for my money?
You get yet another rompler.

Octave_Jumper
KVRist
72 posts since 16 Oct, 2020

Post Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 pm

FlowStri wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:46 pm I feel so stupid but I really don't get the following point: I have Syntronik Deluxe. If I buy Syntronic 2 SE, what do I get for my money?

I'm sorry if this was already answered, maybe I was a little lost in translation (German)
As far as I can tell, you get 'light' versions of 11 of the synths, to use with the new engine. I really don't think it's worth getting if you already have Syntronik Deluxe (which includes full versions of 22 synths).

I don't blame you for being confused. The minutiae of IK product strata is ridiculously confusing for basically everyone.

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
2197 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:09 am

Octave_Jumper wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 pm

As far as I can tell, you get 'light' versions of 11 of the synths, to use with the new engine. I really don't think it's worth getting if you already have Syntronik Deluxe (which includes full versions of 22 synths).

I don't blame you for being confused. The minutiae of IK product strata is ridiculously confusing for basically everyone.
Well, it may be worth it, if you happen to like those samples presets of the new synths. But I think you got to like at least half of them to warrant the purchase.

gaggle of hermits
KVRian
549 posts since 18 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:21 am

Octave_Jumper wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 pm I don't blame you for being confused. The minutiae of IK product strata is ridiculously confusing for basically everyone.
no kidding, i had to dig down right into the version comparison to work out whether SE would unlock the v1 instruments for editing in the v2 edit window...which it doesn't (standard and max only).

zzz00m
KVRAF
3169 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am

gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:21 am
Octave_Jumper wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 pm I don't blame you for being confused. The minutiae of IK product strata is ridiculously confusing for basically everyone.
no kidding, i had to dig down right into the version comparison to work out whether SE would unlock the v1 instruments for editing in the v2 edit window...which it doesn't (standard and max only).
You will never be able to edit the Syntronik v1 instruments in the v2 edit window. You will need the v2 versions to be able to do that.

Syntronik v1 used the SampleTank 3 engine, so v2 has that included so that you can load v1 instruments to play, but not edit.

Similar to differences with the edit window of SampleTank 3 legacy instruments in SampleTank 4. Both engines are available in v4, but you can only edit the v3 instruments in "ST3 Legacy" mode. The new edit features are only available for v4 instruments.
Windows10 and too many plugins

simon.a.billington
KVRAF
2197 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:54 am

zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:21 am
You will never be able to edit the Syntronik v1 instruments in the v2 edit window. You will need the v2 versions to be able to do that.

Syntronik v1 used the SampleTank 3 engine, so v2 has that included so that you can load v1 instruments to play, but not edit.

Similar to differences with the edit window of SampleTank 3 legacy instruments in SampleTank 4. Both engines are available in v4, but you can only edit the v3 instruments in "ST3 Legacy" mode. The new edit features are only available for v4 instruments.
Actually, yeah, thats another, very good reason. As the editor just got more powerful and more flexible.

gaggle of hermits
KVRian

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:58 am

zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am You will never be able to edit the Syntronik v1 instruments in the v2 edit window. You will need the v2 versions to be able to do that.
this feels a bit like unnecessary hair-splitting, given this:
jdnz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm I binary compared the sample contents - the syntronik1 data included in syntronik2 ( so folders starting 53_syntronik in the instruments folders ) is identical to the same named folders syntronik 1 originally installed under the sampletank3 folder

Removing them from the sampletank3 folder renders syntronik1 un-usable ( can't find sample data ) - as you'd expect

It'd be really nice if IKM did an update for syntronik2 with an option to 'search legacy folder' so we could have JUST the syn2 sample data under the syntronik2 folder and syn2 would seach it AND the 'legacy' folder when loading ( that would keep syn1 usable for legacy projects, and save about 75gb of disk space)

Otherwise you could create symlinks from the sampletank3/instruments folder to the syntronik2/instruments folder for each of those folders ( all 22 of them ) - should work, but a bit messy

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:21 am

gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:58 am
zzz00m wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 am You will never be able to edit the Syntronik v1 instruments in the v2 edit window. You will need the v2 versions to be able to do that.
this feels a bit like unnecessary hair-splitting, given this:
jdnz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm I binary compared the sample contents - the syntronik1 data included in syntronik2 ( so folders starting 53_syntronik in the instruments folders ) is identical to the same named folders syntronik 1 originally installed under the sampletank3 folder

Removing them from the sampletank3 folder renders syntronik1 un-usable ( can't find sample data ) - as you'd expect

It'd be really nice if IKM did an update for syntronik2 with an option to 'search legacy folder' so we could have JUST the syn2 sample data under the syntronik2 folder and syn2 would seach it AND the 'legacy' folder when loading ( that would keep syn1 usable for legacy projects, and save about 75gb of disk space)

Otherwise you could create symlinks from the sampletank3/instruments folder to the syntronik2/instruments folder for each of those folders ( all 22 of them ) - should work, but a bit messy
No hair splitting involved. I was merely mentioning the fact that Syntronik v1 instruments can play in v2, but not be edited there. That has more to do with the instrument programming.

You seem to have referenced a completely different issue regarding duplication of samples between v1 and v2 instruments. No argument there, but that's not what I was talking about!

Managing the sample sets redundancy would be a desirable feature request for a possible future IK update to Syntronik.

gaggle of hermits
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:24 am

if you want to believe it's a different issue, that's up to you. the practical outcome is that IK only provides access to the full v2 edit mode for instruments that originally were in v1/deluxe by buying the full or max version, not se...and that it takes some digging to establish that.

that was my only point. i mentioned the sample duplication as an example how artificial this distinction is: as the only conclusion is that the instrument file format changed from v1 to v2 and i would assume that process was entirely automated - i somehow doubt that ik people went through each one reconstituting the instruments by hand using the identical sample set.

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:51 am

gaggle of hermits wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:24 am if you want to believe it's a different issue, that's up to you.
It is, but that's ok. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”