Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Are they seriously trying to charge us again just 12 months after paying for the update to V3 and for what, OTT in the effects and an arp timeline overview that I've never heard a single person request? :help:

https://refx.com/nexus/

Yep, thought the exact same thing. Thought it was a scam email at first, after reading the changelog I realise its just a scam outright. Nope REFX, not this time.

Same. $99 to upgrade again is extreme. Pass.

I'm out with 99€ "special offer" ... it's indeed special. Special way too much. :roll:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

In Nexus3 I had cloud sync turned off. When I started Nexus4 it uploaded my presets into the cloud without asking!

That's stealing!

I'm sure it's in the small print somewhere, but it feels like copyright infringement.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Well, grifters gonna grift.

wangeroge wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 am In Nexus3 I had cloud sync turned off. When I started Nexus4 it uploaded my presets into the cloud without asking!
No question asked, nothing?

WOW. Absolutely unacceptable & intolerable. (Not a Nexus owner here, just a curious pedestrian passing by but man, I can tell you I won't be one neither after reading this)

Yes, they store the presets in a database on one of their servers. And Nexus 4 ignores the cloud sync preference setting from Nexus 3.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

I was considering Nexus3 and this came as a big surprise.

Is the upgrade price still $99?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:59 am I was considering Nexus3 and this came as a big surprise.

Just checked. Yes, it is 99$. Looks like point update, not worth 99$. It looks very greedy from ReFx.

Would like to sell my account
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:45 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:59 am I was considering Nexus3 and this came as a big surprise.

Just checked. Yes, it is 99$. Looks like point update, not worth 99$. It looks very greedy from ReFx.
Thanks for the answer. Ridiculous. It indeed looks nothing more than a point update and definitely not worth $99. But looking at their revision history it seems they were in a hurry to increase their point numbers and then now they have suddenly surprised us with Nexus4.

It seems ReFx feel the shame and not promoting the upgrade that much. Nexus 2-->Nexus 3 is great upgrade, but Nexus3 --> Nexus 4 is quite poor and unworthy. Though I like to have Nexus 3 in the arsenal, I'm not going to upgrade.

2021-11-26

new:

Front panel
The reverbs gained a "shimmer" effect.
Output scope is now synced.
Added new spectrum analyzer.
Added new spectrum analyzer (bars).
Added new spectrogram.
Added new vector scope.
Added new stacked spectrum analyzer.
The skins can now be selected from the three-dot menu.
Hovering over your avatar reveals sync state and statistics.
Your avatar now has a sync and online indicator.

Librarian
The search-field works for folders too now.
Folders can be added to favorites.
Folders are separated by headers, for a clearer overview.
The librarian has a history now, so if you get lost, you can go back easily.
The results are also separated by headers now, when sorted by category.
The preview on/off toggle is now next to it's volume dial, for quicker access.
The tag-display has been modernized.

Arpeggiator
The arpeggiator gained an fully interactive, zoomed out overview at the top.
A new option to "follow" has been added, so when zoomed in it follows the playback.
New editing options have been added (duplicate).

Modulation
The LFOs gained a view of their current shape and output value.
The Mod-matrix sources can now be "shaped" for more accurate control.
The Mod-matrix sources fields are now wider, allowing to read macro-names.

Effects
Effects can now be re-arranged by drag'n'drop.
Added "glitch" FX.
Added "ott" compressor FX.
Added "magnetic" insert FX.
Added "noise" insert FX.
Added "razor" insert FX.
Added a fifth insert FX slot.
The whole FX chain can be saved and loaded.
Each effect has a small set of presets, serving as starting points.

System

Instance
Added option for "arp-sync". Defines how the arp plays when releasing all keys.
Added "microtuning" option with lots of presets. Can also load any .scl file your throw at it.

Preferences
Added "unbounded" mouse, which allows adjustments even for values close to screen edges.

https://refx.com/nexus/version/
rsp
sound sculptist

Stan Navi: Agree. Now it feels more of a shock than surprise. Not sure if people were even looking forward to or are bothered about the changes.

I want to buy Nexus but not sure if I should buy Nexus3 (used) or buy Nexus3 used and Upgrade to Nexus4, or just buy Nexus4 directly from reFX. There's no sale on the Starter unfortunately. Perhaps buying Starter + some discounted Expansions together might be better deal if I could keep it under $399. Still a bit too steep.

Return to “Instruments”