Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 am Mike quit all forums (and now Twitter I believe) many years ago because he blew up at everyone
Somehow understandable, considering the mentality of many forum users. It's not your average Joe really. Rather the extreme opposite.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:21 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 am Mike quit all forums (and now Twitter I believe) many years ago because he blew up at everyone
Somehow understandable, considering the mentality of many forum users. It's not your average Joe really. Rather the extreme opposite.
Well true. But I've always admired the developers who manage to ride through the jerks and still provide helpful information (see Manuel right here).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yeah, but, if you observe carefully, most of them just ignore the jerks. Obviously the best way, but, I wouldn't expect that from everyone. I always have a hard time with that as well.

Merry Christmas everyone! All Nexus 3 and 4 owners receive our free Advent Special - a selection of some of the patches from our expansions in the last two years. And as a special thank you to Nexus 4 new users and upgraders, you may choose ANY expansion of your choice for free! This gift also is applicable to new Nexus 4 owners and upgraders until the end of the sale on January 6th. And don't forget - 20% discounts apply til blah blah.
Would be better than - hallo my friend where is your money

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 am
The piracy explanation never rang even remotely true, so not surprised to hear. But so little to show for two years' development is a bit sobering.

The usual trick in these cases is to bundle other stuff. I guess that's what the 260 patches is the attempt to do that, but it's nowhere near enough to justify the price.
An option for 0 new patches, with the update being $49 or less could be more enticing.

For anyone wondering, the macros are only mapped for the new expansions. Even then, don't be expecting the rich controls you get with something like avengers macros as there's often only a single one mapped to something basic like a filter.

From the other videos I've watched, I honestly wouldn't even know it was a different version bar the shimmer controls. Talk about getting away with the bare minimum, what a joke.

wait for my next N4 XP: Vintage Synths. (December) Every Macro is used there and will have drastical impact on each sound.
Assigning these Macros took longer than the whole expansion as such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQTnr9DjqA

Each sound designer uses the macro differently, or not at all, so it really depends on the expansion

PS: the video is 7 months old, so dont wonder why there is still N3 used. N4 adaption followed later.

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:59 pm wait for my next N4 XP: Vintage Synths. (December) Every Macro is used there and will have drastical impact on each sound.
Assigning these Macros took longer than the whole expansion as such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQTnr9DjqA

Each sound designer uses the macro differently, or not at all, so it really depends on the expansion

PS: the video is 7 months old, so dont wonder why there is still N3 used. N4 adaption followed later.
I would most likely have bought vintage synths as it grabbed my attention when you first mentioned it some time back. The thing is, there's no way I'm paying the 'upgrade' fee for the pleasure. I'll just wait for you to release an even better version on avenger :tu:

Guys is there a final statement about nexus2? I mean if it is true i cannot believe legal owners cannot use it anymore next year and cracked people dont have a prob because of elicenser?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

You can still use it once your dongle doesn't break.
Rsp
sound sculptist

why should you not be able to use it? As long as you dont lose or brake your dongle, it will work.
My elicenser dongle is inside the music computer since nearly 10 years now, still doing fine

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:59 pm
Sounds great. So will macros be available for expansions released for Nexus4 only?

Also, what's Vintage Drumloops in your video if I may ask - another expansion releasing soon?

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:25 pm why should you not be able to use it? As long as you dont lose or brake your dongle, it will work.
My elicenser dongle is inside the music computer since nearly 10 years now, still doing fine
Ahh ok thx i misunderstood it then. Well but if it will break or whatever didnt happen all these years but would be more calm if there would be a protection option or whatever
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I saw a video of the new 'free' Rom 3 expansion. The presets aren't tagged. It's a poor way to advertise a new and improved librarian by including presets that don't even utilize the librarian's key feature.

In Nexus 3, there are some expansions that are untagged as well. Although I doubt it, can anybody with Nexus 4 confirm if there are still untagged expansions?

Merry Christmas everyone! All Nexus 3 and 4 owners receive our free Advent Special - a selection of some of the patches from our expansions in the last two years. And as a special thank you to Nexus 4 new users and upgraders, you may choose ANY expansion of your choice for free! This gift also is applicable to new Nexus 4 owners and upgraders until the end of the sale on January 6th. And don't forget - 20% discounts apply til blah blah.
2 expansions would be fair. But only if they change the cloud sync ("steal") feature.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “Instruments”