VCV Rack 2 is out! Free and Pro versions ($99 at launch)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
antic604
Banned
Topic Starter
11467 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:49 am

https://vcvrack.com/Rack

https://youtu.be/HYft3MFOCJQ

Dark room mode:
Image

Module selections:
Image

Enhanced module browser:
Image

DAW plugin (only in Pro version):
Image
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Influx808
KVRist
171 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 am

Sweet!!

User avatar
antic604
Banned
Topic Starter
11467 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 am

Influx808 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 amSweet!!
Yeah, their webpage is barely chugging along. But I managed to purchase it already. Goodbye sleep :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
bmanic
KVRAF
9360 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Aww.. no Mac M1 native yet. Sigh..

Oh well, I'll definitely check this out.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9612 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:39 pm

bmanic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:00 pm Aww.. no Mac M1 native yet. Sigh..

Oh well, I'll definitely check this out.
I occasionally pop into the forums and that one was announced early on as a "won't be ready for v2 launch." Didn't seem like Andrew is a big fan of Apple's shenanigans. That said, I'm still thrilled there's a plugin version of this at all. Been waiting a long time for that.

I can live with Rosetta on my laptop for now. My main music machine is a PC anyway. :wink:

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10806 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:40 pm

It's Christmas time :D
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
antic604
Banned
Topic Starter
11467 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 pm

An overview of VCV Rack 2 from Omri Cohen:

https://youtu.be/PYoGOltW5tg
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

anttimaatteri
KVRian
650 posts since 17 Nov, 2015 from Yuma

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:37 pm

need. but money for the month is already plundered. and i dont talk about november hahaha

User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4922 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 pm

NIce
Lately been running vcv rack from the cirklon 2 , it's a match made in heaven :tu:

I love to set the overall brightness a bit lower (dark mode ) , but why did they add this pseudo flashlight when moving the cursor ?
It wasn't there in the pre-release
And what happened to the audible instruments , they are not in the browser anymore
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

User avatar
antic604
Banned
Topic Starter
11467 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:47 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 pm And what happened to the audible instruments , they are not in the browser anymore
Perhaps they're being updated just now to be compatible with v2? Although Omri was using them in the video I posted, so perhaps something else :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10806 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:53 pm

antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:47 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 pm And what happened to the audible instruments , they are not in the browser anymore
Perhaps they're being updated just now to be compatible with v2? Although Omri was using them in the video I posted, so perhaps something else :)
They are already there (I managed to download them), but the Library is acting erratically. For example, Vult modules are already updated (I think - at least they are listed in the Library), but they didn't show up the (only) time I got Rack to update the library. Now I am unable to establish a connection to the server.

I guess we need to wait a couple of days.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

FotoxBr
KVRist
217 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Cannot activate due to increased server load.
I need patience :-)

dayjob
KVRAF
2094 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:58 pm

bmanic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:00 pm Aww.. no Mac M1 native yet. Sigh..

Oh well, I'll definitely check this out.
yeah.. i gather there's some integrated graphics issues or something.. also general apple shenanigans to deal with. is there an official statement anywhere about native apple silicon timeline or whatever?

didn't see anything on the site other than system requirements.

need to pluck around the free version and see how it goes. i've bought a few premium modules back in V1 and wondering if my library will reflect those in V2 already. i haven't looked at v2 much yet but hoping there's a way to sort module library so i don't have to look at 2000 modules all the time. i see there's a favorites tag so that's good

User avatar
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
4922 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:04 pm

fmr wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:53 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:47 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 pm And what happened to the audible instruments , they are not in the browser anymore
Perhaps they're being updated just now to be compatible with v2? Although Omri was using them in the video I posted, so perhaps something else :)
They are already there (I managed to download them), but the Library is acting erratically. For example, Vult modules are already updated (I think - at least they are listed in the Library), but they didn't show up the (only) time I got Rack to update the library. Now I am unable to establish a connection to the server.

I guess we need to wait a couple of days.
Yes , I see them in the library , but I ony have the option to remove them from my account ,which is not what I want to do
Probably becasue these were registered around 2017 with vcv rack 1
This is what I get presented with when accesing the library from within vcv rack 2
Image
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

User avatar
WasteLand
KVRAF
2356 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:17 pm

i do get the audible instruments, but a lot isn't there yet... and the things i bought, bundles, some VCV modules, failed to work, license key not found, it is trying to download a license key.
i got the vult free, but not the bundle i bought from vult for instance. also Hora isn't available yet.

o well. servers are overloaded... and perhaps some errors, in the backbone?

waiting, is the only option, me thinks...
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Indusrial & Sound Brut

Return to “Instruments”