I see NI have just started with a subscription offering.....'Komplete Now'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SirkusPi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:03 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:00 pm If it was Komplete Ultimate I might consider it, but it's not, it's "a curated bundle of essential, on-trend instruments and effects..." i.e. Most of their stuff is not included.
Exactly. This is $9.99 per month for a tiny sliver of NI's product line (and, by and large, the least interesting / useful to me sliver to boot).
Maybe there will be other subscription layers (pro, ultimate etc) for a lot more money, but honestly this is a bit of a joke...they literally only just updated Battery today after 4 years of nothing...maybe this is where NI products will be retired to!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:15 pm
SirkusPi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:03 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:00 pm If it was Komplete Ultimate I might consider it, but it's not, it's "a curated bundle of essential, on-trend instruments and effects..." i.e. Most of their stuff is not included.
Exactly. This is $9.99 per month for a tiny sliver of NI's product line (and, by and large, the least interesting / useful to me sliver to boot).
Maybe there will be other subscription layers (pro, ultimate etc) for a lot more money, but honestly this is a bit of a joke...they literally only just updated Battery today after 4 years of nothing...maybe this is where NI products will be retired to!
What was the. Battery update about? Still looks the same..

Apple support
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

We saw this coming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hereby request NI CEO to go f**k himself...
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

LFO8 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:23 pm
What was the. Battery update about? Still looks the same..
Not much, I suspect they wanted to sell subscriptions to people on apple computers (no, its not M1!) ....viewtopic.php?f=1&t=574441
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As soon as they merged with Izo-nope we all saw the writing on the wall.

Plenty more vsts out there... So no sub from me either. Goodbye NI! :)

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:46 pm As soon as they merged with Izo-nope we all saw the writing on the wall.

Plenty more vsts out there... So no sub from me either. Goodbye NI! :)
Exactly. As soon as they formed an alliance with iZotope, we all saw that an optional subscription for a few of their products was coming, and so will now accordingly destroy every hard drive that ever had NI products on it. It's the only rational course of action.

You can't fool us to keep using and buying the perfectly normal regular products that they sell! It's the principle. What winners we all are!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Full Kontakt not included? I thought that Kontakt is their best 'weapon' to make people subscribe (maybe more in the future if K7 would go to sub only - just an example. Those who invested thousands in Kontakt libraries would have no choice but to go subscription. Especially that alternative players from other companies are faaaar from Kontakt's possibilities and workflow.
Another thing would be Maschine Extensions - rather popular products, definitely mentioned more often on producers groups than Kontakt libraries (those made by NI).
But what do I know, I'm not doing market analysis for NI :)

pixel85 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:07 pm But what do I know, I'm not doing market analysis for NI :)
Clearly no one is! :dog:

Would be disappointing if the long term goal is to make their whole package subscription only.

If so, I hope the N.I. products I already own will stay that way, even if I change my computer.

So I wonder why people are getting their panties into a bunch... Perpetual licenses are staying unchanged and available and there are no plans to remove that at all. Subscription here is just another option, another entry point, nothing else. And this was mentioned a number of times in the past few years.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:15 pm So I wonder why people are getting their panties into a bunch... Perpetual licenses are staying unchanged and available and there are no plans to remove that at all. Subscription here is just another option, another entry point, nothing else. And this was mentioned a number of times in the past few years.
Oh Mario, enough with your logic, facts and reason. This is KVR! You must know that anyone dabbling with optional subscriptions deserves to be put atop a funeral pyre and burned, bombed and then lashed to a tailpipe and driven across a field of broken glass. At best.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Wow, talk about underwhelming. That has to be the worst subscription service to date. They even included two things they gave away for free. Like seriously they couldn’t be bothered to include Replika XT, no they seriously added the version they hand out for free.

Are they testing on how extremely lame they can make the content and people will still buy it? In comparison the Reason+ subscription looks like so much value all of a sudden. What’s going on over at NI.

If they have success with that, I‘ll be convinced that audio people will buy about everything.

I guess this is more a testing the waters thing with more Komplete packages to come if enough people bite - but probably stupid then to not make it interesting enough

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:15 pm So I wonder why people are getting their panties into a bunch... Perpetual licenses are staying unchanged and available and there are no plans to remove that at all. Subscription here is just another option, another entry point, nothing else. And this was mentioned a number of times in the past few years.
NI are in a position where they could provide a high value subscription product. In my opinion, East West Cloud X is the only worthwhile audio subscription out there. I turn it on and off as I need it. For someone wanting the NI library it would be a lot lower entry price initially. As long as you print your audio you are solid. That is how I have handled East West. NI could do the they same. Their catalog is deep. None of that precludes buying a license outright.

Return to “Instruments”