Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

ZincT wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm I am seeing that UI glitch quite often now in Cakewalk and of course keep hitting the Lite timeout. UPDATE: Actually it's worse with Kontakt loaded; almost unusable I'd say. Tried something simpler than Kontakt (Cherry DCO-106) and had the same problems. :( It's like Wotja's taking priority over Cakewalk/other instruments even though the CPU load seems ok when this happens.
Interesting. Well, I suppose this could just be that the Wotja UI is extremely complicated, and does a lot of stuff (it is JUCE based, for those who are interested in such things). I don't know if any more so than most other plug-ins, but it certainly looks like it to me.

Rest assured, we do performance profiling from time-to-time, and take overall performance (and stability) extremely seriously!

Best wishes, Pete

impete wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:47 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:56 am I decided to uni-install Wotja 22 PRo. I had no business being an early adaptor.
I have no idea if it was properly un-installed.
Unfortunately Revo could not see that Wotja was installed so could not use Revo to un-install it.
Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We've been caught-out when scanning some of the (many!) VST3 plug-ins there are out there; many more than we've been able to test for in our development and testing phases.

On the iOS/macOS side, where we use AUv3, we had very few problems - just 3 plug-ins I think that caused problems.

Anyhow: we're looking to rework the way we handle VST3 scanning, to accommodate this; we'll probably take a couple of weeks to find a nice solution.

Best wishes, Pete
Pete, Did not mean to sound harsh. I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.

Q: Wotja 22 Pro as a VST, why no plugin hosting?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 pm Pete, Did not mean to sound harsh. I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.

Hey, no worries - audio tools feel very personal to all of us, and music is very emotional thing to talk about :)

I might mis-understand the question, so please bear with me!

Wotja 22 Pro is:
- an app that hosts VST3 plug-ins (but you don't have to use them if you don't want to)
- a VST plug-in (which comes with the app), for those who just want to use Wotja within their favourite DAW

I guess I've misunderstood your question, as you can see, so please just try again, I'll try my best to answer whatever you want! ;)

Best wishes, Pete

Folks - I'm trying to monitor this thread, and some others on other sites, so if I miss a question that you want answered, please just try again and hopefully I'll pick-up the notification, and will try my best to answer! :)

Best wishes to all, Pete

impete wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:07 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 pm Pete, Did not mean to sound harsh. I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.

Hey, no worries - audio tools feel very personal to all of us, and music is very emotional thing to talk about :)

I might mis-understand the question, so please bear with me!

Wotja 22 Pro is:
- an app that hosts VST3 plug-ins (but you don't have to use them if you don't want to)
- a VST plug-in (which comes with the app), for those who just want to use Wotja within their favourite DAW

I guess I've misunderstood your question, as you can see, so please just try again, I'll try my best to answer whatever you want! ;)

Best wishes, Pete
Apparently Wotja 22 Pro as a stand alone and as a VST is able to host VST plugins.
But this is where I got confused:
https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/
The Wotja App (but not Wotja Plug-in) now supports hosting of 3rd party Instrument/Synth & FX Plug-ins
But then:
[All] The versions for Windows support hosting of VST3 Plug-ins
This clarifies this issue. :)

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:43 pm This clarifies this issue. :)
Excellent :) Any more questions, do please ask!!

Best wishes, Pete

I tested the Wotja 21.5 Lite for Windows when it was released early last year. As standalone, I was able to route MIDI via virtual MIDI cable to an instrument hosted in my DAW.

It is good to see that VST3 can be distributed from the Microsoft Store now! Can't wait to try it! A much better solution!

Congratulations! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:16 pm I tested the Wotja 21.5 Lite for Windows when it was released early last year. As standalone, I was able to route MIDI via virtual MIDI cable to an instrument hosted in my DAW.

It is good to see that VST3 can be distributed from the Microsoft Store now! Can't wait to try it! A much better solution!

Congratulations! :tu:
Thank you very much indeed! Do *please please please* try to leave a review, they are critical to a micro business like ours!!

Best wishes,

Pete

Fyi, in my testing, the VST3 plugin produces sound if the DAW audio is set at 44.1KHz. At 48KHz, nothing!

I used Kontakt as the sound generator using the NI "Ethereal Earth" instrument. Atmospheric! :D

EDIT: The Flows perform well, but if I switch to the Mixes tab "V22 Play Me", then the plugin becomes possessed (unresponsive), as was previously mentioned, and I lose control of the GUI and DAW, and have to exit the DAW though the Windows GUI.

Just upgraded to Pro! Support the mission! As a former SSEYO Koan user from almost 20 years ago, this is great stuff! :tu:

Channeling my inner Brian Eno now! :D

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:42 pm Fyi, in my testing, the VST3 plugin produces sound if the DAW audio is set at 44.1KHz. At 48KHz, nothing!

I used Kontakt as the sound generator using the NI "Ethereal Earth" instrument. Atmospheric! :D

EDIT: The Flows perform well, but if I switch to the Mixes tab "V22 Play Me", then the plugin becomes possessed (unresponsive), as was previously mentioned, and I lose control of the GUI and DAW, and have to exit the DAW though the Windows GUI.
Thanks for this. That is *really* weird!!

Something else for me to dig into! ;)

Best wishes, Pete

zzz00m wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:13 pm Just upgraded to Pro! Support the mission! As a former SSEYO Koan user from almost 20 years ago, this is great stuff! :tu:

Channeling my inner Brian Eno now! :D
Wow - that is fabulous! Thank you *so* much for being there for the long haul!

If I can persuade you to leave a review on the App Store - that would be tremendous :)

Best wishes, Pete

For what it is worth, I think I've resolved the iOS AUv3 plug-in scanning issues, which were down to a JUCE bug, not dealing well with some weird value returned from a particular set of plug-ins. The fix for that should be out in a few days.

Meantime, I'll be focusing on Windows VST3 plug-in scanning. Watch this space, as they say!

Best wishes to all, Pete

Hi! As you are reading this: if you are able to point me to one or two of you "favourite" *and* free VST3 plug-ins that you find are causing plug-in scanning to crash Wotja, that would be very cool.

That way I will have a fast and cost-effective route to testing, and with luck track down a generic reason for the issue!

Best wishes, Pete

wasi wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:48 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:30 pm
ZincT wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:24 pmI was able to route the MIDI from Wotja to Kontakt in Cakewalk.
I would like to know how you did this.
Here's what I did in Bitwig/Live:

Wotja on track 1, Instrument on track 2, track 2 midi input has Wotja selected, in Live I had to additionally select "Wotja" again in the pre/post droptown.

I can't get channels to work though, it seems like all midi output is on channel one?
Thanks very much wasi, working in Bitwig.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”