Free Prophet 600 & News From EFM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The EFM site, are you the developer for those VSTi as well? I see Arp, Juno, Jupiter sims there as well. But nothing on KVR?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:The EFM site, are you the developer for those VSTi as well? I see Arp, Juno, Jupiter sims there as well. But nothing on KVR?
Yes I am, and no I'm not listed on KVR. I must not care. Wierd huh? 8)

Peace

Thanks Tom!
Been using the p-600 for quite a while, love the sound :)

tomg wrote:
braj wrote:The EFM site, are you the developer for those VSTi as well? I see Arp, Juno, Jupiter sims there as well. But nothing on KVR?

Peace
I know this is a funny question to ask, but are they any good? I still can't get to my DAW for a few hours to test them out myself. But if they are as good as your P-600, people should know about them. Doncha think? ;) The price is nice on the whole lot.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wow, I finally got time to demo this synth, and I had one impression. A memory really. I was in a music store in downtown San Jose, about 10:30 am on a day when my freshman ass should have been in school. I go into the store which has the coolest collection of analog stuff I've ever seen. Roland modular components just laying around, tons of Arp and Sequential stuff, MiniMoogs. I go to the back hallway of the store looking to see/play a Prophet 5, walk past a Prophet T8 and go 'ooo! and then come across something with a pricetag that I could actually afford. I sat there and tweaked with the Prophet 600 for hours. At the end of the day (actually about six months later) I bought a Six Trak because I couldn't get the cash for the 600. But that one day was marked by switching presets, hearing wonderfully strange sounds, then turning knobs to my heart's content.

Thanks for the plug, I was 15 all over again for a few minutes. Very nice indeed!

Jack R wrote:Thanks Tom!
Been using the p-600 for quite a while, love the sound :)
Thanks Jack, I'm glad you like it. :)

Peace

braj wrote:
tomg wrote:

Peace
I know this is a funny question to ask, but are they any good? I still can't get to my DAW for a few hours to test them out myself. But if they are as good as your P-600, people should know about them. Doncha think? ;) The price is nice on the whole lot.
Thanks. Well... I'm taking my time. Somebody said I had the largest collection of self built emulators on the planet. :D :D I really liked that and it just might be true. 8) I work hard on making them faithful.

I want them to actually work and sound as close to the original as I can because I want to keep my old favorites as vsts. I don't charge much because I built them for myself. I have given most of them away free at some point. Right now I think there are 3 synths, 12 stomp boxes and a rockman emulator om my site somewhere 8)

My Poly6, OB-80 and Pro-One are almost dead on. The Jup-6, OctaveCat, Axxe and Odd-SE are damm close. The P-600 and Prodigy are almost perfect. The Juno6, Alpha Juno and RJXP are good emulations but... I don't know there is somthing about emulating Roland stuff. They work ok and everything, even takes factory patches (required efm feature!) but the sound... The Alpha is a lot of fun it does the "what the?" (hoover) patch and most of the alpha goodies but won't do some others. Oh well I'm working on it. :) BTW the OctaveCat's a bad bad boy with dual subs. I only did one patch for it at the time. It has become one of my faves.

braj wrote:Wow, I finally got time to demo this synth, and I had one impression. A memory really. I was in a music store in downtown San Jose, about 10:30 am on a day when my freshman ass should have been in school. I go into the store which has the coolest collection of analog stuff I've ever seen. Roland modular components just laying around, tons of Arp and Sequential stuff, MiniMoogs. I go to the back hallway of the store looking to see/play a Prophet 5, walk past a Prophet T8 and go 'ooo! and then come across something with a pricetag that I could actually afford. I sat there and tweaked with the Prophet 600 for hours. At the end of the day (actually about six months later) I bought a Six Trak because I couldn't get the cash for the 600. But that one day was marked by switching presets, hearing wonderfully strange sounds, then turning knobs to my heart's content.

Thanks for the plug, I was 15 all over again for a few minutes. Very nice indeed!
Glad I could do that for you. :) Sometimes I remember the smell of the first Synthi I ever played with. It was brand new. I got to open the plastic bag of matrix pins for the first time. There were a bunch of dealer demo patches. Actually a block of pins set in plactic. Now, I can smell the dusty wood floor and cardboard boxes...Going back is great sometimes. :) Jeeze guess I was about 15 too. :) The dealers name was Mr. Parker. He was a lovable thief that let me hang out because I bought guitars with my lawn care cash. I can still remember how excited he was that I actually got it to work. :D He sold me my first Marshall stack :D :D

Peace

Ah, gotta try all those out on another day. I didn't see the OB-80 (OB-8 emulation? Sweet!) or some others you mention there. Anyway, for $70 all those plugs look like a great value. Seems they really should be listed here (of course Roland etc may not like the UIs)

My first synth was a six-trak
Cool.....me too. Bought it in 1984 and still have it. I love Sequential stuff.
I've heard of Music Concrete...is there Music Asphalt?

Hi, is there any chance someone could post the GUI on here for us all to have a look at, from everyones response this sounds quite interesting.
" He's not the mesiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

chrissill31 wrote:Hi, is there any chance someone could post the GUI on here for us all to have a look at, from everyones response this sounds quite interesting.

Peace

braj wrote:Wow, I finally got time to demo this synth, and I had one impression. A memory really. I was in a music store in downtown San Jose, about 10:30 am on a day when my freshman ass should have been in school.
Braj... which music store was that? I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native myself...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
braj wrote:Wow, I finally got time to demo this synth, and I had one impression. A memory really. I was in a music store in downtown San Jose, about 10:30 am on a day when my freshman ass should have been in school.
Braj... which music store was that? I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native myself...
God, I can't recall the name. They closed in '86 or so. It was near 2nd and San Carlos, I can't remember. It was on the corner, right down the street from the Jose theater.

Tom,

First of all, thanks for this nice synth.:)

Today, I started making a tmplate for the P-600 on my MIDI controller. The problem is P-600 won't respond to some of the CC# described on the p600-CC.jpg. These are:

CC 40 : Oscillator A Frequency
CC 41 : Oscillator A Sync
CC 42 : Oscillator A Saw
CC 43 : Oscillator A Triangle
CC 44 : Oscillator A Square
CC 45 : Oscillator A PW
CC 46 : Mixer
CC 50 : Oscillator B Frequency
CC 51 : Oscillator B Fine
CC 52 : Oscillator B Saw
CC 53 : Oscillator B Triangle
CC 54 : Oscillator B Square
CC 55 : Oscillator B PW
CC 58 : Pitch Bend 2/12/24
CC 59 : Mono/Poly

Could it be that I'm doing something wrong or it's a known issue? If it's the latter, do you have any plans of fixing it? (maybe in the $15 update? :D BTW, are we gonna see this sometime soon?:))

Thanks again!

Akis

Return to “Instruments”