PSY Producers....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been trying to write good bass lines that replicate a psy trance style. Such as Melicia, Void, and some others. And hints on what VSTi they use? Or any recomendations?

I'd try TBL bassline or Absynth...
Basically every 303 style instrument will do...
just create some 1/16 arp....
Most common PsyTrance/Goa Tracks work like this.
Forget the Off-Bass. It' s good for Trance but sucks in psy...

and don't forget to make it scream (dist, cutoff, high resonance)

Greetz,
Basti

Thank you. ill put the tips in effect

You probably wouldn't expect it, but a LOT of the 'full on' psy basslines are the VB1. :)

EoN604 wrote:You probably wouldn't expect it, but a LOT of the 'full on' psy basslines are the VB1. :)
:D
I Know you're right because a lot of my friends are known trance groups... how did you know that ?

Scr1pt3r wrote:
EoN604 wrote:You probably wouldn't expect it, but a LOT of the 'full on' psy basslines are the VB1. :)
I Know you're right because a lot of my friends are known trance groups... how did you know that ?
It gets brought up here at kvr every month or so..

Scr1pt3r wrote:
Everybody knows that. It's not a secret or anything. :?

paranormally tarnece fearks
you talkin about this?

Did you miss this thread? I suggest you read it. Very informative.
And all life's fears
Can invade my ears
I can handle it

Dragon789 wrote:I have been trying to write good bass lines that replicate a psy trance style. Such as Melicia, Void, and some others. And hints on what VSTi they use? Or any recomendations?
While everyone will say VB1, I must also reccomend Vanguard or Vanguard Lite and also Plasticz. Both are more unique and generap purpose than VB-1.

Use VB-1 if you want to sound like every full-on act out there.

:cry: i can't find vb-1 on the steinberg website :roll: :oops:

Hunter wrote::cry: i can't find vb-1 on the steinberg website :roll: :oops:
Looks like they moved the link. Try this:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Steinberg/downl ... PlugIn.zip

SWTrex

Nice one! tarnce ahoy! :D

thockin wrote:Use VB-1 if you want to sound like every full-on act out there.
Isn't contemporary full-on by definition "that which sounds like everybody else"? :)

MaxC wrote:
thockin wrote:Use VB-1 if you want to sound like every full-on act out there.
Isn't contemporary full-on by definition "that which sounds like everybody else"? :)
haha, i would have to agree.

Scr1pt3r wrote:
Because a lot of my friends are known trance producers also :)

To all others, sorry, I didn't mean to act like it was some super secret or anything - just wanted to point it out for anyone who didn't know. When I first found out, I was quite surprised that such a simple synth was used for these 'full on basslines' so many people are after.

And personally I don't use the VB1, as I find that type of bassline too generic a sound as Thockin & MaxC have pointed out... I produce progressive psytrance myself, so don't have much use for it. But if you're after that sound, give it a shot! :)

Return to “Instruments”