What do you think NI are going to reveal at Namm?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard a rumor that there makin vsti's based on the jp-8080 and access virus. can anyone confirm this?

anyone else have any ideas?

Hmm.. No personal offense to you KiRby, but that rumor is just silly. Everyone who has been following VST long enough knows damn well Roland would never allow that, and Access has already produced the Virus B for the VST world. If they gave the license to NI, they'd be shotting themselves in the head.

They will probably announce Kontakt 2...
Last edited by ahja on Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

you can stop dreaming... it is confirmed.
.. please don't ask any else, because it isn't yet googable

I don't think Roland and Access would like that.

Someone here once suggested Roland had forced Krakli to drop some vintage Roland emulation.

I think we'll see some big NI major updates.

ahja wrote:..
cptgone wrote:..
:bang:

pro-54?

sorry hjack. :lol:

hjack wrote:it is confirmed.
We'll see... It would be a risky venture though.
What if Roland and Access have a go at the VST arena themselves?

And I'd rather see them doing something strange and new, like Absy and SymptOhm. Computer music has more to offer than hardware ever could, so why keep emulating?

cptgone wrote:I don't think Roland and Access would like that.

Someone here once suggested Roland had forced Krakli to drop some vintage Roland emulation.
Don't know about that-but it WAS why Vanguard came out.Roland made a big stink about the JunoX name and GUI.
It's also why Dash stopped the Reaktor ensemble business.
ew
A spectral heretic...

Yeh, now that i think about it, i cant imagine NI makin a jp-8080 emulation but i can see them doin a virus emulation. I dont think it will be in direct competition witht he virus b softsynth cause i think that works only with the powercore...rite? i can see access and NI teaming up, but who knows...

i, ask you to apolagise me ahja and cptgone.. it should only be revealed at namm, right :oops:
my mistake
well now, everybody knows that ni is releasing the jp and the virs soft versions
:P

After Access have just brought out the TI, I seriously doubt they'll let ANyone release a soft synth that claims to be like or better than the Virus
Last edited by Ocean Zen on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cptgone wrote:Someone here once suggested Roland had forced Krakli to drop some vintage Roland emulation.
Thats news to me :?: :?:

ianweb123 wrote:
cptgone wrote:Someone here once suggested Roland had forced Krakli to drop some vintage Roland emulation.
Thats news to me :?: :?:

well you better bloody stop it or else roland will cry :x

Return to “Instruments”