Good GUI, Good Sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lunch Money wrote:BetabugsAudio was founded on simplicity of concept combined with rather nice GUIs
This my favorite GUI ever!
http://www.betabugs-audio.com/

:D

(just poking fun)

<chuckle>

All the other domain names similar to "www.betabugsaudio.com" that normally re-direct to "www.betabugsaudio.com" say the same thing.

Even if you forget the "www" part, you'd think that the page didn't exist. ;)

Greg

Don't know about anyone else but I think GUI is very important, I for one won't use a softsynth if it looks shit and I don't agree with it don't care how good it sounds I just can't stand to look at something that I hate for more than 10 minutes which makes it quite hard to program, so I just don't bother.

sound is sound. what's obvious is that image is important and can be inspiring. when a synth has a cool gui, well, it grabs your attention. then if the sound is crap, of course you don't use it.

the problem is the reverse. sometimes you see a horrible gui and so you think that synth must be crap and never take the effort of downloading it. and maybe you're missing a great sounding synth.

that happens to me with Xhip adn Augur, for instance. I still haven't downloaded them just cos their guis are not attractive. I guess I'll finally do it though...

but we always like to watch beauty, don't we?

:D

Return to “Instruments”