Oasys 2 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could be just a rumour,but I found this thread http://www.irishacts.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... php?t=9905 at the Korg forum where the poster seems to think it's for sure(not sure why though)to be announced at the upcoming NAMM convention Jan. 20.Although interesting,it might be a little late after the legacy collection and even later for not supporting the original Oasys card.Perhaps if it had the Triton engine represented by plugs that ran off the card and the card was just a DSP card(not a combined audio card thanx),perhaps my head would then turn.............

Oh God - I hope not.
That would be too freaky.

A while back I made a wise-crack that Korg would unveil Oasys 2 at NAMM.

If they did unveil such a beast I might have to change my name to Madam Zhaboubou and start a Clairvoyancy business. :lol:

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

And who'd actually trust them enough to continue supporting it after both the 1212I/O and the original Oasys?

""And who'd actually trust them enough to continue supporting it after both the 1212I/O and the original Oasys?""

Bingo.

Montana wrote:""And who'd actually trust them enough to continue supporting it after both the 1212I/O and the original Oasys?""

Bingo.
Yup... But they never seemed too happy with the software based PC/Mac recording market... They insisted on bundling their hardware controller with the Korg Legacy, for example. From the evidence presented so far it seems Korg is back on their favoured ground, hardware, and what they seem to do best. It's a world away from the home recording market at that pricetag too.

A shame, because maybe we'll never see a software Z1, but that just leaves the field open for the Yamaha-Steinberg VL70-m VSTi.

Winter NAMM could be very interesting...
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels wrote:From the evidence presented so far it seems Korg is back on their favoured ground, hardware, and what they seem to do best. It's a world away from the home recording market at that pricetag too.

A shame, because maybe we'll never see a software Z1
Not sure I agree with that.If they do indeed release an Oasys 2,it would be pointless if it was the same archetcture and not be a DSP card and plugin based(ala PoCo/UAD) because no one would buy it otherwise,and that would open up the door for other synths they have in mind.This way they still get to make a harware product with a software front end that doesn't get warezed.They'd be foolish to ignore where the market is going,but at the same time I'm sure the native Legacy was pirated enough to steer their interest not to go native again.At the same time hardware sales(keyboards/modules)aren't exactly on the up either,so a hardware DSP with a soft front end would be a wise way to go at this point,and I'm sure they know this.

Return to “Instruments”