Komplete on ebay...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ran across this on ebay...

As you can see, they say that they don't think it's illegal. Is it?
Info/Req

This is the copy that was sent to music studios before Logic and Komplete came out to the public. It is the same as the one as you'd buy at your Local Music Store(I've tested myself)

Installation Requirements.

DVD Drive

4 Gig of Free space on the HD

Buyer must have -Virtual PC- or a PC with DVD near by.(Installation Process ONLY) otherwise the installation process might take a day or two.

General FAQs
1. The license for Komplete and Logic can be purchased, however you will not need it. It's not require to buy it unless user wants to recieve support and/or upgrade them.

2.This collection of programs is perfect for the student/ pros who are tring to have a good studio at a low price

3.This auction is for Komplete 2 and Logic 7 Express, both are fully functional, no time limits, but no original box etc, registration or support.

4. This is NOT an Illegal as far as we know.

5.It does not include: Intakt Library and B4. As I said above everything is fully functional.

6. I can only guarantee one thing - IT WORKS (100%) guarantee

7.This version of Komplete 2 is fully functional but you can't register it. no support or updates.

8. All Items Listed Are Sold AS IS if you have any doubts or concerns--->

please do not hesitate to contact me

7.This version of Komplete 2 is fully functional but you can't register it. no support or updates.
That means its not a legal transfer. NI allows license transfers, the point quoted above means the owner wants to remain the registered owner. Or maybe the whole package isn't genuine to begin with, so you can't register it.

edit: most of the rest proves as well that its not legal license transfers.
Last edited by pitchdrifter on Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The apparently contradictory points 1 and 7 sort of gives it away.

If this was "sent out to studios" it was probably promo material (not for resale).

If not, I'd ask NI if this is a legal transaction. If they say "yes" then I'd feel safe. If not, shy away.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Sounds like a NFR (Not for Resale) copy.

It's illegal.

It doesn't give you a licence, so you can't upgrade or install patches.

It may even require C/R copy protection in which case you can't use it (except for the first few days) without a machine-specific key from NI.

It's illegal-unless the seller has NI's permission to resell it(highly unlikely).
If you can't register it,it'll become non-functional after 30 days.
ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:It's illegal-unless the seller has NI's permission to resell it(highly unlikely).
ew
...unless they didn't bother adding C/R protection to an early NFR release?

cptgone wrote:
ew wrote:It's illegal-unless the seller has NI's permission to resell it(highly unlikely).
ew
...unless they didn't bother adding C/R protection to an early NFR release?
They do-trust me on this :wink:
ew
A spectral heretic...

I should be selling Komplete 2 soon
stay tuned :D
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Instruments”