Hartmann Neuron video from NAMM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krhen wrote:
pooshka wrote:b) claims to be 'unique' when it may not be
What exactly does that mean? "may not be"? How will you decide if it really is or not?
pooshka wrote:b) claims to be 'unique' when it may not be
Came from. Did the SOS article say so?
just for record, I never said what I think about Neuron. What I have said is my guess at why some people would be anti-Neuron. So that phrase you quoted from me in no way represents what I personally think about Neuron, but I was only expressing my estimation of anti-Neuron people's perception of Neuron - the hypothetical explanation of why they may be publicaly critical of Neuron.

I asked this because I personally felt some sort of "anti-Neuron" atmosphere in many Neuron threads that I came across before and I wanted to know why people would be anti Neuron rather than just saying "i'm not interested in this product" and leaving it at that. I thought perhaps we could discuss and identify the reasons behind people's feelings towards a particular product that goes beyond simple notion of judging its usability/utility and simple "i want it/i don't want it" distinction.

I hope I made myself clear now. :)

There is one thing I would like to ask you though - could you perhaps explain to me why you would be trying to defend/explain merits of Neuron to other people? My motivation for asking this question is same as why I ask anti-neuron people why they would be against it; I'm interested in what makes someone go beyond just finding a product that he likes/finds good and actually spend time and effort to spread good words about it(or in your perspective, I assume, 'the true story about product X that you feel is generally misunderstood').

Just to avoid further misunderstanding I'll make myself clear - I am not trying to muddy up any true facts about Neuron or throw any accusations about it by using the expressions such as "may be", "claims to be" and so on rather than "it is". I prefer non-definitive expressions about Neuron because what I am interested in is "facts about your opinions/feelings" not the "facts about the object on which you have some opinions", i.e., I am interested in your opinions and your reasons per se, rather than trying to match/compare your opinions/reasons to the true nature of Neuron.

The thread was about the VS version, not the hardware version, so my comments really only apply to that. As I said before, if the Modelmaker is eventually provided to VS owners, it will vastly increase the usefulness of the product.
True that. From what I've gathered its the case as well. On the Hartmann forum, its been stated by a rep of Hartmann (neuronaut) as fact so I hope it remains so.
There is one thing I would like to ask you though - could you perhaps explain to me why you would be trying to defend/explain merits of Neuron to other people?
Just because I love the thing and do see so much misinformation about it all over the net. No I'm not on Hartmann's payroll (yet) :D

pooshka wrote:correct me if I'm wrong, but going through various Hartmann threads here I got the impression that in general there seem to be a bit of 'anti-Hartmann Neuron' attitude going on among many members.
I'm quite pro-Hartmann in the sense that they've made something that IS a bit different.

The problem is that even the 'I love my Neuron' crowd say a quick play with it doesn't demonstrate it's capabilities. And what I've heard and seen so far hasn't blown me away at all.

Maybe someone could put up some MP3's of some top Hartmann action, something that will show us all what we're missing! :D

I wonder how the synth sounded compared with the software version. The only thing noticeable was that you could combine 2 sounds in this plugin. Im sort of impress but this demo doesnt show enough to prove its really worth the price. Right now, Korg Legacy and Virus Ti seem to catch my excitement the most in comparison to this.
Please dont bite me.

Return to “Instruments”