Rhythm Guitars?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

A lot of the tracks I like listening to feature a rhythm guitar. Now I imagine that these artists may have *gasp* used a real human with a real guitar. I have no talent or friends so that's kinda out for me.

Does anyone know of any good plugs that offer this type of sound?

The only one I'm aware of is the musiclab rhythm 'n' chords jobbie. Does anyone have that, is it any good? I was a bit put off by the 'n' part personally.

any help gratefully received :)
Last edited by CypherOne on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guns'n'Roses have an "n" and I really like their rhythm guitars.

yeah but being from the UK it reminds me of fish 'n' chips...

What you need is some good MIDI files of said guitars, for a chord or two, you can then transpose them to wherever to suit. Kevvv and Donks have put some of these up before, and they did the job very well.

A decent soundfont of a guitar will worj for this, with RGC Audios sfz or your own Sampler. (SampleTank Free used to be quite good too for acoustic stuff IIRC)

If you want to spalsh some cash tho, try one of the VSTi.

I'll see if i can dig out the MIDI files.

Also, the new ManyStation is meant to have some good guitars on it, might be worth trying that when its out.

Cheers Dave.

I think listening to 'The Big Jump' by the Chems this morning is what put the thought in my head...

The other thing to do, which is even easier (i.e. requires less fiddly piano roll work) is to ask a nice fella here to actually lay down some riffs for you :D

I recommend

Steve Newton

From what I can see, Virtual Guitarist and Real Guitar aren't all that bad, but they pretty much lack all the dirt you may want for convincing results.

But, instead of spending money, why not ask someone here to play some bits for you?
Wouldn't that be more fun anyways?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Yes it would but perhaps not as flexible, I wouldn't want to be a PITA by asking for changes etc.

So who's this Steve Newton fella then Davey boy?

Isn't ManyStation a playback sampler?
So you'd still have to program everything yourself?
IMO that's the tough part of it when it comes to guitars, especially when dealing with chords.
You will need to know the proper chord inversions and you will have to invest quite some time into getting the ryhthms right, just because without a bit of a strumming effect, they wouldn't sound realistic at all.

If you want, until you find Steve Newton (who is a nice player), I'll lay down something for you in the meantime. Allways liked your tracks.

CypherOne wrote:Yes it would but perhaps not as flexible, I wouldn't want to be a PITA by asking for changes etc.

So who's this Steve Newton fella then Davey boy?
He's Welsh i think, hasnt been around much recently, but when i asked for some axe work a while back, he did it and made a webpage all for me in about an hour :-o Cool chap, great axeman.

Just put an ad up here, "twiddly dude wanted for rattley guitar thang goin on" etc...

nice one Sascha, that would be really appreciated. Dunno what I can offer in return, but if you think of anything... :D

Sascha Franck wrote:If you want, until you find Steve Newton (who is a nice player), I'll lay down something for you in the meantime. Allways liked your tracks.
There ya go, problem solved

You any goods SF, if you are i may consider you for futire projects. Dont get too excited tho, i just said may consider :wink:

:lol:

CypherOne wrote:nice one Sascha, that would be really appreciated. Dunno what I can offer in return, but if you think of anything... :D
Just post something you want guitars on. Then we may see whether it's working at all.

Return to “Instruments”