TimewARP2600 NAMM video up!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very nice. If it didn't mean I had to buy a Mac and PT, I'd probably have already ordered it.

sonic state says the VSTi will be out very soon.

I agree, that thing kicks ass. Very sweet. It's going to be betwen the Gmedia Monsta and this fine synth.

I think they originally implied that the PC VST version would be out next month. Should be nice, but I doubt it will get my cash before the Monsta does. I think I'm just more of a Moog guy, and the Melohman stuff just puts me over. But yeah, I have a feeling that the TimeWarp2600, is going to make a lot of people realize how over rated Arturia's samey-sounding "emulations" are.
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

no unison = no thx

homnestly i don't get these products.....they go allmost all the way and fail to provide one basic functionality addition which is pretty much vital for some modern music styles.

this one falls in the same category as imposcar. great emulation ....but no attention to the modern musician needs.

_starcraft_ wrote:no unison = no thx

homnestly i don't get these products.....they go allmost all the way and fail to provide one basic functionality addition which is pretty much vital for some modern music styles.

this one falls in the same category as imposcar. great emulation ....but no attention to the modern musician needs.
Personally I'm totally bored by that "unison detuned super-mega blah blah thick" sound. Come on, it's time to move on. There are bazillions of synths that can do this sound already why do you now need an ARP to do it too?

edit: and if you REALLY need that thick sound, get the new Virus TI. 32 oscs or something going at one time.. or get synthedit and build yourself a 120 oscillator detuned monster (will sound like crap IMO).

- bManic
Last edited by bmanic on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I find some kool factor in some of the sounds Im hearing. Really doubt Arturia will be able to compete with there version. This will be on my wishlist once I see the vst version an place where I can get it for much less then there retail price.
Please dont bite me.

Arturias synths do sound good in their own right IMO, but they might not be spot on emulations which is not that of a big deal to me personally. IMHO the Arturia Cs80 is still their best creation. I like it's "character" which does remind you a bit of the original (but still apparently quite far from a real CS80 according to a friend that has lots of experience with a real one). What I wanted to say that just because TimeWarp might nail the Arp better in terms of emulation doesn't mean that the arturia synths are bad.. at all.

Cheers!
bManic

I agree with bmanic, the CS-80V is the best Arturia effort, too bad they focus too much on MMV, anyway I made some suggestions to Arturia's dev staff about how to get a closer CS80 emulation, I hope they will follow them because they start from a thorough analysis of the original Yamaha CS80
Max

Totally agree. They really should stop bullshitting potential customers with their TAE marketing bla bla though...

The demo for mac is out. www.wayoutware.com

I guess the pc version is coming soon.

NIce stuff :)

well, the WayOutWare demo is RTAS only.
I think it's better to wait for the real multiplatform release before expressing "ultimate" sentences...
anyway I think it's good if there's more competition on the market, it will help us having better products..
having the chance to try a demo is always a good thing, definitely better than wathing a streaming video. When I downloaded the Arturia one I was almost instantly "floored"...
one thing that surely attracted me about the Arturia ARP is the fact they've included an emulation of the Arp 1601 sequencer too (which was an additional item, a collector's one now)....
Apple Powermac G5 2.0 DUAL, 2GB RAM, RME MULTIFACE PCI, LOGIC PRO 7, UAD-1

:shock: this thing sounds way better than the arturia
one - judged by a compressed video - how good will it sound in real ? :o

It`s a little pitty that there´s no unison mode - but it sounds already without fantastic so i don´t care too much

i´m waiting for the demo of this one and the Minimonsta
and then i´ll decide which one to buy -or maybe both? :?:

_starcraft_ wrote:no unison = no thx
Can't you just run two instances?

I wonder if it's possible to write a plugin that adds unison mode to other plugins?

Someone on the Planet Z forum (Creamware) has just done exactly that so I can now play my Minimax (Minimoog emu) and ProTone (ProOne emu) and Vectron (Prophet VS emu) in Unison which is awesome 8)

Return to “Instruments”