attention developers!!! sign up sheet for competition

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How much money do we have to pledge to be in? I really don't have the best grasp on the whole thing :oops:

However, I have a synth plan in mind that can't be beat and I have some friends who are extremely photoshop savvy. I might join this little game :wink: .

you don't have to pledge anything if you don't want to. totally up to you. I just figured we could each pledge a few bucks: 5,10,15 whatever and have a comp like this. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate freeware/donationware devs, like many others, so I thought it would be really nice to organize something like this. we could show that we really do appreciate the devs and raise awareness for their hard work. it'll be a lot of fun too. so if you're a dev you don't even have to pledge. but if you would like to just for the sake of ones like you, your fellow devs, then that would be awesome, too. this is where it all began btw if you want to read about it http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73868

Count me in!

(and expect an ultra-synth for sick DnB bass in 3 months :hyper: )

Markleford: actually I only posted it here because I figured it would get more attention. this is the most busy forum from what I see. I intended it to be a truly free competition. instrument, effect doesn't matter, totally up to the dev.

edit: didn't want to put many restrictions.

some things are inevitable. but I find this to be of extreme importance and can't repeat it enough.

although I strongly emphasize fair play during voting time some people will vote for their favorite devs. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to tell the devs what to do, but I'd rather see them do something they love than something they know will win for sure. a person might think an instrument is more likely to win than an effect. so he'll build an awesome synth, but left his heart with the effect that he always wanted to build. please build that effect if that's the case. :wink: and lose if you have to, you can always say then, that's my baby... instead of counting the hundred dollar bills. we'll still love you. and you can count the bills the next time. :wink: .... let the first time be special. just my honest words, that's all.

i'm in, too.

although i think 3 month is really very short for anything but se (btw, reaktor, too??), if you have a day-job.

also i think synth vs fx is very difficult..

cheers anyway

i'm not sure about a free for all.. sometimes i just can't think of anything really to make. i'm working on something in reaktor at the moment which is pretty special, but it's not something that i can really convert to SE and make as a standalone plug because it'd be a monster.

if i get an idea i run with it and build it at super speed.. but i don't always get the ideas.. and i feel that puts me a lot of us at an immediate disadvantage. i would personally prefer to have a direction in this contest; that way there is a general brief, but the entries will all have the devs' own personal touches and quirky controls. perhaps we should start a new thread discussing possible themes? or just carry on here! my 2c as an entrant
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

count me in guys :)

I need things like this to crystalize some ongoing projects.
when is it supposed to start btw?

cheers

rémy

add me to the list as well :)

Haydxn, (and other devs) please check my previous post for a great idea! Thankyou for your condideration.

I'll probably do it.

Also, the shorter the contest duration, the better! 3 months leaves a lot of time to procrastinate... 1 month would be better for me.

- Tom / Destroy FX

tuz wrote:hi,

still in the idea stage but it would be great if you could sign up. the more the better. for those who don't know look at thread in this forum that starts with the word "brilliantish" with a lot of views and replies. it would be great if we could keep this for developers only, who are willing to join the comp , and the other one for anybody. I'm not a developer, I'm a nobody that's part of an organized mission to have fun while helping out to raise recognition for freeware/donationware developers. developers we love you, and we need you. :D

developer competition - here it is in simplest terms:

1 month collection time - donations stop at cap of $500.00 (funny we already have that in the other thread)

3 months of build time

freeware only - open source encouraged

everything goes in building (C++, SE whatever, wacky dev alliances allowed ... drool ... , build whatever you want to build)

open source encouraged

***FAIRPLAY during voting time is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED - may the best man/men win***

no bruised attitudes/no hard feelings

let's get this thing going. who knows... maybe next month we'll really get it going.

thank you

tuz
does it have to be a plugin?

Ok, I'm in as well.

A good opportunity to do another neat little machine after WoF or a fun-BooB-synth - where everybody knows where to twist :shock:
No, I skip the 2nd option as of possible unfair competition :wink:

cheers
H.G. Fortune

Do we know who's won yet?? :lol:

I'm in too! I agree with Tom7 that 3 months is a bit long time.

Return to “Instruments”