absynth 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i don't care how good it sounds, that gui is just not welcomed on my screen! :P

esden9 wrote:I'd disagree that Absynth can't be your "me too" synth. If all you ever activate are the "standard" modules ie. oscillators, unison, filters, etc. then you should be able to make plenty of "useful" sounds.

You won't really be using the synth to it's full capabilities, but it does even basic sounds admirably. Plus you'll be able to create really cool sfx to spice up your tracks, if that's your thing.

So what's wrong with making 2005 a space oddessy [sic]?
So all those knobs, sliders, buttons, and envelopes - you're like supposed to click on them or something? OMG :shock:

serge

buttons? envelopes? what are these things? :P

On another note, it looks fantastic too! :hihi:

May I be so bold....

After investing in both Absynth 3 and Kubik - guess which one I thought was...

1/ more fun

2/ better value for money

Yep, it begins with K not A

Kubik all the way :D

The demo should be out by the end of next week assuming it passes our test department without any probs. I will let you know :)
I really enjoy reading all your experiences !!!
Tombangelta shouldn't worry - he isn't the only Absynth user lost in space :lol:
Daniel (NI)

I have found Absynth to be one of the best sounding, most versatile, and EASIEST TO PROGRAM (yes, you read that right) synths I've used, and I've used a bunch.

Why easy to program? Well, once you realize that everything practically can be modulated with an envelope, and that the envelopes are incredibly intuitive and flexible, it becomes possible to very directly and fluidly sculpt the sonic evolution of your sounds pretty much however you want.

And yes, it's good for bases and leads if that's what you want.
A well-behaved signature.

tombangelta wrote:just been to my mates studio and one of the people he works with has just got absynth 3.

what is it with this synth we could not find 1 sound in the factory presets that would could be used.

unless you are making an documentary about aliens or space exploration i see no use for this crap.

like i said i dont own it so i could be missing another side to this synth
Sound Design is the real purpose of Absynth. :wink:

I use the demo back then it was Absynth 1. And TBH with you, it wasn't for me. I needed something that was simple to program. And Absynth was too much to deal with.

The good news is if you really deep into complex synth programming for new sounds, Absynth is the synth to buy. Or even better, try Crystal 2.4 first (It's free). 8)

JerGoertz wrote:I have found Absynth to be one of the best sounding, most versatile, and EASIEST TO PROGRAM (yes, you read that right) synths I've used, and I've used a bunch.

Why easy to program? Well, once you realize that everything practically can be modulated with an envelope, and that the envelopes are incredibly intuitive and flexible, it becomes possible to very directly and fluidly sculpt the sonic evolution of your sounds pretty much however you want.

And yes, it's good for bases and leads if that's what you want.
If I even have a change of heart to try Absynth 3 demo, I know to ask you for a bunch of second opinions. :D

Wow,Excellent news. I've been waiting for an Absynth demo for ages.

Can't wait to try it. :D
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb
Perfume EP out 17 Dec, 12" MP3, FLAC & WAV

Ocean Zen wrote:Wow,Excellent news. I've been waiting for an Absynth demo for ages.

Can't wait to try it. :D
No kidding. I have a simple rule when it comes to VI purchases, if I can't demo it with my own system, I don't buy it, no matter just how much buzz there is on the street. Period. No try, no buy. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way....

JerGoertz wrote:I have found Absynth to be one of the best sounding, most versatile, and EASIEST TO PROGRAM
Not if you're display monitor prefers a screen resolution of 1280 X 1024 . . . it's SOOOOO tiny!

As a Komplete 2 owner, that won't stop me exploring it, but it will add to the strain on my old eyes. I really wish alternate screen resolutions were an option on all soft synths. Programs this powerful shouldn't be so fiddly. Or am I the only one with this problem?

I have Absynth 2 and i'm waiting for the arrival of my upgrade to Absynth 3, but i think the new gui is a step backwards.
I hate it!
But i love the sound and features.
Please, please, please NI include an option to load alternate skins/color schemes.
The new colors make me puke.
But i love the sound.
But i hate the colors.
But i love the features.
(Do you see a pattern in here?)
:?

sotiris,
i have absy v3 since christmas.
i still prefer the gui of absy 2,
BUT i get used to the new one within minutes!
and i really like the new improved envelope window.

but why is host automation such a pita, would love to automate the granulizer with my host, not just by an envelope. :help:
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head, you fold it.

Return to “Instruments”