What Synth Will Give Me Acid Leads????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonorous781 wrote:yup i need a synth that give me some different variations of acid lines. i def need a good mockery of a 303. i also would like a very good bass synth for trance music sounding similiar to those of loops from zero-g. i need a kick ass lead synth preferrebly directed in a trance techno direction.

cost is no object for me right now (maybe 2 months later but oh well :D :shock: ) so give me the best of each catagory. don't need pads i have atmosphere for that

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kriminal68/Karnage.html

Dave Blakely wrote:May i interject that the original 303 was the lamest piece of crap that was redeemed by the processing that users applied to it (rather like a 909 was straight out of the box), maybe following a little bit of that experimentation spirit would yield some inspiration and dare i say it, some individuality, unless all your questing for is music by numbers?

I'd pretty much agree with that which is why I mentioned Odo's SeeqOne - it does acid with gusto but doesn't try to be a 303 emulator in the process.
It's capable of some downrigth dirt and grit I might add and is a solid piece of freeware.
I'd take it over AudioRealism's Bassline etc etc any day purely for the fact that it has a character all of its own - and an unusually punchy in yer face sound for an VSTi of this nature.
I always prefered an Electribe EA-1 through an Electrix filterbank to a 303 myself also but hey each to their own I guess.

Sonorous781 wrote:well i play around with v-station alot and i have learned quite a few things with music but not enough to keep progressing in electronic music......
If you have v-station then experiment with single saw and square waves. Tweak especially filters cutoff and reso. Automate sweeps. Drive it through distortion and you should have some acid. :ud:

FaX wrote:
Dave Blakely wrote:May i interject that the original 303 was the lamest piece of crap that was redeemed by the processing that users applied to it (rather like a 909 was straight out of the box), maybe following a little bit of that experimentation spirit would yield some inspiration and dare i say it, some individuality, unless all your questing for is music by numbers?

I'd pretty much agree with that which is why I mentioned Odo's SeeqOne - it does acid with gusto but doesn't try to be a 303 emulator in the process.
It's capable of some downrigth dirt and grit I might add and is a solid piece of freeware.
I'd take it over AudioRealism's Bassline etc etc any day purely for the fact that it has a character all of its own - and an unusually punchy in yer face sound for an VSTi of this nature.
I always prefered an Electribe EA-1 through an Electrix filterbank to a 303 myself also but hey each to their own I guess.
Exactly, especially since most of the classic "acid" style early stuff that set the trend wasn't 303 at all and was more likely Mc202 :wink:

just about any analog-style synth can do that sound. after all the 303 was a tinny little cheapie box.

what was that old song with that acidddddddddd (very high vioce sound ? it was very vast and very old :)
Odo.
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

Any decent analog + Simulanalog Guitar suite (specifically, tube screamer). Crazy good distortion.

i used a hardware novation bass-station and a guitar effect thing with distortion wah wah ect.
i know crazy but it worked very well :)
BTW novation has very good filters :)
and the hardware version is much better that the soft :)
OdO.
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

better question - which synth is INCAPABLE of doing acid? few Id imagine, puritanism aside.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

I found the tritium link:
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~thman/VST ... ritium.zip

get some presets for it at the patch section here at kvr.

Return to “Instruments”