Foolishly downloaded the Korg Legacy Demo ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... and predictably fell in love with the Wavestation! As I'm not desperate to pay 300 notes, I was wondering is there any synths that are either clones or do the same things in the severely cheaper price range?
Please remove your monkey from the dinner table, there's a good boy. It's trying to season the soup with it's own bodily fluids again ...

Wusikstation comes to mind.

Have a look at Antti Asynth for a synth with MS20-style filters. Its very different from the MS-20 Legacy clone, but that doesn't make it any better or worse, just different.

yeah just been looking at that, I'm sure I have a Computer Music Demo of it somewhere so I will have to play ...
Please remove your monkey from the dinner table, there's a good boy. It's trying to season the soup with it's own bodily fluids again ...

Wusikstation I mean

I have Wusikstation, and it is, to me, a more modern sounding version of the Wavestation.

You can get a Wavestation SR on ebay for about 140 quid these days.
FT

isn't the original annoying as hell to program though?

I've got Legacy and i think it's worth every dime!

Even the ridicoules cheap build controller :D

Wusikstation is good, but it really doesn't strike me as a WS replacement. William did a great job with the wavesequencing, but the vector synthesis part isn't quite there.
If I want to reproduce a Wavestation (and have the modern bells and whistles as well), I use Xphraze.
The vector synthesis is better implemented, and the effects scheme is much more conducive to the way I work. And, if you use the multiple phraze buffers, with proper planning ahead you can have 32x4x4 or 512 step wavesequences in your combi by switching buffers at the right time through MIDI.
ew
A spectral heretic...

I have a Wavestation EX and nothing else sounds like it.
Xphrase and Wusikstation are both very nice VSTi's capable of beautiful wavestation sounds.
In fact they may even be better than the original but to my ears it still doesn't sound like it.

Apples and oranges I guess.

I still think Korg is missing the boat by not selling the Legacy instruments separately.
I wanted the wavestation software(for ease of programming)but not all the other stuff, so I passed and spent my money on the Micron.

kubik, eh?

also read here i suppose -

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75019
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I tried the demo too. I was depressed afterward. I would love to be able to fork over the cash for the legacy collection, but I have to save up for it for a long time. :cry: It is really sweet sounding and pretty damn versatile with the combinations of sounds. It was very stable too. The only thing I did not like about it was the overly dark GUI on the MS 20 and polysix. I think that by the time I have the cash saved, I'll see something else I want more.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

seamonkey wrote:
I still think Korg is missing the boat by not selling the Legacy instruments separately.
I wanted the wavestation software(for ease of programming)but not all the other stuff, so I passed and spent my money on the Micron.
too true for words. i love the sound of the polysix. would love it 100 times more on my desk top though. however i dont want the ms20 or the wavestation. obviously korgs plan at this moment in time is to scoop up as many buyers as they can with there legacy colection. then because every who wanted the legacy colection has nearly bought it and then when sales start to dwindle thel come in with the single sales plan. basic buisness and marketing.

DELETED

Return to “Instruments”