Kubik 2.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

New version of Kubik (v2.1) out , this has lots of the problems raised addressed.

If you already have Kubik you should have got an email , if not just email me at mail@concretefx.com and I'll send something out

I've updated the demo's at http://www.concretefx.com/KubikDemo.zip and http://www.concretefx.com/KubikFadeDemo.zip

Also I've decided to continue the discount price for another week because of this update.

In this version the changes are

- should solve problems saving songs in XT and SX3 , and it should now work in Bidule

- Kubik now uses the standard vst bank saving system , so you can now save bank of presets with songs. The system loading / saving songs and saving banks as fxb files is reasonable fast , but load fxb files using the host loading system is very slow so you should use Kubik's built in fxb loading system

- LFO and step sequencers should now work properly in free running mode

- In the mod marix page , right clicking and select Set Def sets up the mod matrix so all the envelopes and LFO are set as in the standard setup , so for instance slot 1 is envelope 1 and this effect the wave position

- Midi latching should work properly after saving now and midi flickering solved

- Problem with mono mode fixed

- Preset display problem solved

- lots of other small changes and bug fixes

Also you can download a file containing lots of new skins at http://www.concretefx.com/KubikSkin.rar , thanks to JoMal for those :)

If you have any problems please let us know and I'll try to solve them for the next update.

Cheers

Jon : COFX

Thanks heaps Jon :hyper: .
Thanks for the X-tra skins JoMal :wink: ...
Oh and Rythmatosis - the sequel to Ambient Textures is 12 patches done with 5 more nearly there and only 15 more to go for a full bank :-o :D .
Definately more twisted than the first bank if that's humanly possible :hyper: ...
Should be available for all in a week or two.
Then I start on the RAWDATA import / Glitch bank :love: .

Wow, sounds really cool FaX , look forward to hearing them

Cheers

Last edited by M'Snah on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

No problem Hans, weird the link in the email doesn't work but if you copy it into your browser it does , strange . Anyone has any ideas why it's doing this ?

Cheers

PS I've sent out a new email about this

Last edited by M'Snah on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HansM wrote:
Concretefx wrote:... weird the link in the email doesn't work but if you copy it into your browser it does , strange .
no that's not the problem. But you seem to forget a few people when you send emails about new releases. So I just used the URL from an another email (2.0 in this case) and used that to find the new release.

So it's not about the email you sent, it's about the email you didn't send. :)

--HansM
same for me... thanks HansM for this tips, but it does not work for me (with firefox).

Looks like a great update.

As I mentioned before I've had some problems with logic pro 5.5.1 and Kubik 2.0. I'm wondering if I've screwed up my Kubik installation because I convinced my friend Tye to purchase Kubik and put it on his system. He has a pc with 5.5.1 as well. Kubik 2.0 (apart from preset loading issues) worked fine for him. Me, it goes into overload. So I'm wondering If I've bunged up the installation of Kubik (or if my installation of logic has gotten messed up over time...still, most every other plug seems to work in logic.)

++++

On edit, I uninstalled then ripped out all the Kubik reg keys I could find and installed kubik into the emagic vst folder.

Now instead of overloading on the first key click. I get a burst of static and then it doesn't produce any sound.

I'll have to wake Tye up and get him to d/l 2.1.

Great. I'll try out this version later today.

For anyone who hasn't tried Kubik - this is an incredible deal. I've tried most of the really powerful softsynths on both Mac and PC, and while there are a few others that I love, Kubik is the best value for the $ by a pretty good margin (in my opinion).

FaX wrote:Thanks heaps Jon :hyper: .
Oh and Rythmatosis - the sequel to Ambient Textures is 12 patches done with 5 more nearly there and only 15 more to go for a full bank :-o :D .
Definately more twisted than the first bank if that's humanly possible :hyper: ...
No eating or sleeping for you FAX! Let's have that new bank! :lol:

J

FaX wrote:Thanks heaps Jon :hyper: .
I'm in love with Ambient Textures! Before I got Kubik2 I was looking at buying (expensive!) sample CDs from Hollywood Edge to get eerie, scary, disturbing sounds.. but no more! Kubik2 has saved me some serious cash! :D :-o :hihi:

More! Give me Mooooooorrrreeeeee! :help:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

2.1 works fine in logic pro 5.5.1 if I wrap it in energyXT!

Concretefx wrote:No problem Hans, weird the link in the email doesn't work but if you copy it into your browser it does , strange . Anyone has any ideas why it's doing this ?

Cheers

PS I've sent out a new email about this
You definitely have something funky going on with your server Jon. I ALWAYS have to download your files twice. The first download is incomplete and when you try to open the zip file, it complains that it's corrupt. The second time it works fine. Also, the times when I attempted to send you zip files, they got kicked back saying that they were "oversized zip files" (they were only 12k!!!). Maybe there's some sort of filtering going on there at your end that you could disable?

J

HI

'Norton user' - try loading another new vst into Logic - I don't know how many non emagic plug-ins you have but I found that once a certain amount was reached Logic would just go haywire - my point is I imagine that another vst will prove if Kubik is the problem or your system is overflowing!

I also found Logic 5.5 quite tempremental to Concretefx plug-ins.

I found that putting a Logic compressor on the channel that the offending vst was on helped in some cases where sound burst's or distortion/volume was an issue.

Also clearing the plug-in folder of non logic plug-ins and re-installing them again often helped.

OR just delete all the crt (or whatever they are called - the files that appear in the vst folder whenever you install a new vst) files.

I would also say that Logic 5.1/3 versions ARE MORE STABLE - I found this out the hard way!!!

No, this is not wishfull thinking I had many problems with 5.5 that I found were lessened with the earlier versions - I had this confirmed by various other users.

Flipper.

Hi there

New version of Kubik out (v2.11) , all people who have purchased Kubik should have got an email about this

So the changes in this version

Problem with the preview bar not working after saving and not properly previewing presets solved

Midi latching works properly now

You can alter the number of polyphony , you change the number of channels in the ctrl menu at the bottom

Kubik should be more stable in many hosts now

Lots of other small changes and bug fixes

New demo version are available at http://www.concretefx.com/KubikDemo.zip and http://www.concretefx.com/KubikFadeDemo.zip

Kubik is still available at the discount value (though it'll go back to the full price on Monday) , and I'm thinking of putting a new synth pack out with Kubik included.

Any problems just let us know and I'll try to sort them out

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”