Should I stay in 44.1khz??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apart from some bad compression - theres not much in it. By the way - Placebo dosnt mean imaginary, it means it alters our perception so we really will notice a difference.

Bad compression...not much in it. so if I post the wav instead of the mp3 then we can take the mp3 debate out of this. If you say yu can hear 256kbit mp3 compression really easily yet you cannot hear the difference in the examples then there is something very wrong. Everyone here in the studio can hear it as plain as day??? And these guys know their shit.

ericj23 but i tried it - i coudnt hear any difference
Its not MP3 compression I can hear, its an effect you have enabled somewhere.
Last edited by UltraJv on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You have not answered my question?

I'll post the wav then you can open it in soundforge and see the difference as well as hear it..spectrograph it whatever..

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Seeing things on an FFT chart doesnt make them audible. I did a vinyl recording when I first got my card, one at 24/96 the other at 16/44.1 I could see the FFT looked different but I couldnt hear it.

Recently Ive switched to 96Khz and never want to switch back to 44Khz.

I would rather use simple plug in 96Khz with smoother and warmer sound than syntheticmegasuperchorusphaserdynamicdistortionator in 44Khz witch sounds for first time very good but after short time you must change preset or add antother plug to get interesting sound from it. Probably Iam bad synth programator :( .

I just want to say that if I play Synth1 or Imposcar on 96Khz it interests me but on 44Khz is much more dificult to feel like in analogheaven :D .

BTW - Its much harder to chose VSTs witch goes well in 96Khz because you need to check CPUconsumption.

Anybody using VSTs in 24/96 on stage ?

Interestingly, people hated or loved Native Instruments Guitar rig. Those that hated it were using above 44.1

Imposcar sounds amazing at 96k it really shines.....Maybe I'll re do the test using imposcar....back to nuendo...will post wavs in 10 mins.

Weve been here before, using vsti which work differently at higher than 44.1 dosnt prove that 96k is better lol, it proves that those vsti are diffrent at higher frequencies.

UltraJv wrote:Weve been here before, using vsti which work differently at higher than 44.1 dosnt prove that 96k is better lol, it proves that those vsti are diffrent at higher frequencies.
Yeah, its true. It sounds diferent. And thats why Iam using 96Khz. Its sound much better to my ears. :hihi:

d'villainz - For what its worth - we already have two superior systems above 44.1 for record/playback - DVDA and SACD they use 192K 24 bit- its not popular beauce no one wants it except audio geeks and even they are reluctant to buy into it :)
Last edited by UltraJv on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok now tell me if you think the added noise from aliasing and the lack of clear solid bass in the first volume of this is better than then second version of the same sound at 96khz. This is a preset fromthe imposcar by the way.

The second version of this "WAV" is far superior, I would not want to use the first one in a mix as it is thin, noisy and sounds like a cheap vsti on a cheap soundcard through crappy speakers....

Let your ears be the judge...first sound is project at 44.1khz second sound is project at 96khz then resampled to 44.1khz. The second example is sooo much better. If youcan't hear this then your soundcard must be broken or you have a bad monitoring set up, or you are just biased or you love the sound of aliading and prefer grungy lo fi sound which is cool.

http://www.atkr83.dsl.pipex.com/Imposcar.wav
Last edited by Spaceman Sounds on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lion_cub wrote:
Yes, but is the human ear capable of detecting greater definition and detail ? :)
It depends how good your ear is. A mediocre ear won't. It just depends on your ability. It's a fact that 48 000 sounds better (smoother, fuller, more musical, better timbre) than 44.100.

There isnt much difference between the two versions for me.
Last edited by UltraJv on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltraJv wrote:Interestingly, people hated or loved Native Instruments Guitar rig. Those that hated it were using above 44.1
I still love it... I'm mainly at 48khz though, with the odd foray into Vurts mums backyard for some 96 (or should that be 69 :shock: ) action :hihi:

No offence Vurt... I don't feel right if there aint no colour (<--- yeah, it's spelled like that in the real world :P )
I play guitar

Return to “Instruments”