Buffer Synth 2 released (v1.03 out now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Right, I've decided to put the plugin up on sourceforge (I submitted the application yesterday), so I'll release the fixed version when that's up and running, and we won't need any mirrors (thanks though :)). I'm going to spend a couple of days cleaning up the code first (I'm thinking doxygen comments would be a nice idea too).

As for number boxes for the adsrs, I'm not sure how that could be implemented without changing the gui a bit, which I'm loath to do without Tomasz' permission. I do agree that the adsr widgets could be improved in that respect, but I'm not sure it's something I would want to spend much time on (you're welcome to do it yourself though, once the code's on sourceforge :wink:).

- Niall.

Okay, the sourceforge site is up and running now, with the fixed version of the plugin for Windows (that's the file dialog bug that's been fixed), and a version for OS X. The source code is in CVS (the "BufferSynth2" module), and I documented all the classes and their methods with doxygen-style comments (just run doxygen on the Documentation.doxy file to generate html docs).

I haven't updated my own site yet, so it still points to the old links, the sourceforge site is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/buffersynth2/.

- Niall.

Looks and sounds extremely nice. I'm having issues with it though. When the GUI is on screen, FL studio's interface(latest version) is lagging...

I don't know what it is due to. Can the gfx card (or lack of a good one - I have a chipset on the mobo) be responsible for that?

loomchild wrote:When the GUI is on screen, FL studio's interface(latest version) is lagging...
I actually noticed a similar issue while I was developing the plugin, but it seemed to disappear by itself after a while, so I assumed it was fixed. As far as I could tell at the time, it was a combination of the fact that the gui uses png images (with alpha-blending) and the parameter display needing to be updated every time a parameter is moved. I think there's a good chance it's a graphics card issue, or maybe something to do with the VSTGUI library. I'm afraid I've no idea how to fix it though...

- Niall.

ok, thank you. I'll watch the updates out in the future and let you know if ever it gets fixed.

Love the looks of this thing. Think I'll give it a workout.
Thanks
MRT

Okay, I've just uploaded a new version of Buffer Synth 2. It's a relatively minor update, but I've tidied up the gui code quite a bit, so it's possible that it (the gui) might be a bit more responsive (it seems a bit faster on my Windows box, but I'm not entirely sure, tbh).

By the way, if anyone's interested in the source code, make sure you download the *_source.zip, rather than getting it from cvs - I somehow managed to completely mess up the cvs and I don't know how to fix it :(.

- Niall.

Hi Niall, I'm having the same lagging issue in FL when the GUI is on focus.
Well, I can still minimize it:D

Excellent to hear Niall! I'm 'locked and loaded' now. :hihi:

loomchild wrote:Hi Niall, I'm having the same lagging issue in FL when the GUI is on focus.
Well, I can still minimize it:D
Ah... Sorry about that. I'm not sure what I can do about it really, though I should probably download a demo of FL just to check it's not a host issue.

- Niall.

Hi Niall, thank you. It 'd be nice if you could check that out, or if other FL users could confirm or infirm that that behaviour.

Okay, I've just posted an update to Buffer Synth 2. This is to fix a bug introduced with the last update, where some hosts on OS X would hang when you try and open the editor. I can't imagine it'll make any difference to the problems some of you have been having on Windows, and tbh, I don't know what I can do about them, without being able to see it for myself (it's not a FL issue, by the way). Maybe a kindly developer who's experiencing the issues could look at the code themselves (kind of a long shot, but that is why the plugin's on sourceforge...)?

- Niall.

Return to “Instruments”