How many VSTs have your projects ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Iam just wondering how many VST instruments and how many VST efects do you mostly need to write whole tune? HW pieces count as a VST. And what genre for?

Sometimes 1, sometimes 30.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

normally from 4 to 10 vst synths, 10-20 effects. electronic-industrial-pop is my style.

Anywhere from 3-10 instruments, and from 2-5 effects.
Aldebaran polka here :)
ew
A spectral heretic...

At the moment for example I´m working on an "Arkanoid Theme" remix.
Battery 2, 3x Virus PoCo, Pro-53, Quad Frohmage 2x, 303 bassline, 3x Ohmboyz, maybe more to come, additional drums, pads, compressors, Gating effects, mastering.

It´s going to be an electronic psy thing.
Depends on what you like to do...

I generally get by on 1-4 synths, although occasionally more.

But FX.....bloody hundreds of the buggers, the more the better.

Mostly dub(ish) tracks recently.

And WTF is Aldebaran Polka, may I ask?

Thank you for replies. :)

Most synths used in 1 track has been 6 I think, its usually lower averages about 3 or 4 but varies alot as ambient tracks can just be one synth.

Effects vary so much I dont know the average. Ranges from zero effects (beacuse I just use the synths own effects) to 12+ especially using modular effects set ups in energyXT. This is not counting e.q.
Last edited by projectdan on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i need more than i can handle!
LaterZzzz......
A fellow of the strangest mind in the world

I have been doing a lot of mixing and mastering of audio tracks lately. On 5 tracks of audio I will usually have between 5 to 18 "effects" (although it always feels weird to call an e.q. an "effect").

Tracktion is my only host, and I have never had any playback glitches or other cpu problems.

For sequenced stuff I usually use 5 to 10 total instances of various synths. The only time I ever came close to cpu overload was when I had 6 instances of crystal going! And even then it played the track without glitching.

i usually use no more than 6.

Last edited by M'Snah on Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

4-6 synths -- often multiple instances of one or more for 7-10 tracks

usually by that time it's either turned to murk and/or my screen is so crowded something has to give

bothe pretty much a good indication for me it's time to stop adding layers

Between 4-12 synths & 8-16 effects. Style? Whatever takes my fancy at the time! Tarnce to ambient to trip hop to RnB
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

DELETED

Return to “Instruments”