Microtonic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

how the hell do you enable single hits? I want to use this plug as as I do with DR008, but, the manual sheds no light on how to use this for single hits???? :x
I'm Annie, and I AM your daddy ;-)

just...press some keys? ;)
C1 upwards...

luCiPHer wrote:just...press some keys? ;)
C1 upwards...
Er, no. That doesn't work :x

I get a ride cymbal on D# 2, nothing else.

Simply open a drum patch from the patch folder. Then click on the first sequence button (at the bottom) turning it on. Then save it as a wave file.

Works for me. Just be sure you have a program (drum kit)open.

Tom

Oh, I see what you meant--how do you record and playback single hits. Mute everything except the one channel you want and delete all the hits in the sequencer--then record live? I think that'd work.

Tom

DJ Shitdabed wrote:Simply open a drum patch from the patch folder. Then click on the first sequence button (at the bottom) turning it on. Then save it as a wave file.

Why would I need to save it as a wave file? See, you are making this even more bloody complicated. I simply wish to use the plug to create a midi track, using single hits.

Oh, you're working with MIDI. Sorry, I don't mess around with MIDI. I just work with audio. I take it you're trying to trigger a MIDI note with a keyboard then?

It's doable as a midi track. I've done myself millions of times. And it's in the manual - that's where I learned.
microTonic Manual wrote:4.3 MIDI Keyboard
The MIDI keyboard (or MIDI sequencer tracks) can be used to trigger drum sounds, starting, stopping and changing patterns as well as muting and "un-muting" channels. The actions you perform with your MIDI keyboard can be recorded in MIDI sequencer tracks, but they cannot be automated as parameter changes. This is a list of the relevant MIDI keys, their note-numbers and functions: Key(s) Note # Function
C1 to G1 36 to 43 Trigger drum channel one to eight. MIDI velocity may affect the sound as determined by drum patch settings.
C2 to G2 48 to 55 Mute channel one to eight. The channel will stay muted for as long as the key is held down. Foot-switch (MIDI controller 64) can be used to sustain mutes.
C3 to B3 60 to 71 Select pattern a to l. (Start pattern engine if it is stopped. Press twice to start immediately.)
C4 72 Stop and deactivate the pattern engine. (Press twice to stop and deactivate immediately.)
(In the table above, C3 is "middle-C".)
Good luck with that!
Electronic Rhythm and Melody since 2002

ancoats wrote:
luCiPHer wrote:just...press some keys? ;)
C1 upwards...
Er, no. That doesn't work :x

I get a ride cymbal on D# 2, nothing else.
then maybe you have all the other sounds routed to the second output, and that one is muted? ;)

Actually, it also took me a long time to discover how cool it is to trigger Microtonic from MIDI. (That's the danger of never reading the manuals!!)

You can use MIDI to trigger the patterns, but when I found out I could use it like a regular synth/drum module, it totally exploded the possibilities for me!

I really LOVE this little thing -- I don't use it on everything, but I do love to stick one or two hits rumbling under loops and things... and the "randomize" functions are also helpful.

Anyway, hope you can figure out what's up with your system, because if you like the sounds of Microtonic, then once you figure out your problem and can trigger single hits, you're gonna LOVE it, I think...

Return to “Instruments”