Software

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reading alot of the posts and taking into consideration everyone has there own specific favourite and comfort of choice ... but does anyone else actually use Cubase 5.1 R1 or is it just me?

So used to the interface from days gone by of the Atari ST & Amiga to move on :phones:

broxiger wrote: ... but does anyone else actually use Cubase 5.1 R1 or is it just me?

So used to the interface from days gone by of the Atari ST & Amiga to move on :phones:
I still use CubaseVST32 v5.1 r1 on Win98.
Works like a charm. :love:

...and welcome to KvR. :)

I moved over from 5.1 -> SX about 6 months ago.

But I still miss VST5.1...it was a fine GUI as far as I'm concerned, and there were a few functions within 5.1 that I would still like to see brought back into SX. I like the increased sound quality in SX, and I like the far better audio manipulation possible within it, but as a comfortable easy-to-use, get-things-done host, VST5.1 wins hands down for me. If I hadn't had to hand it back in for the upgrade, I would probably still use it as my main arranger even today (I'd probably use SX for the audio manipulation and maybe recording though).

And 5.1 on Win98SE was a stable platform. Win XP is marginally better, but it's not noticeably a great deal more stable than my lovely old system.

Unless you find there are things you really need to do that 5.1 won't do, then I'd say stick with it...upgrading to SX can be a painful process, and one I'm only maybe 75% sure I needed to do.

Kritikon... you had to give back VST5.1? I started on VST5, and have upgraded twice - SX1 and SX2. I've kept previous version each time, and now I've got three dongles kicking about. You want my copy of VST5.1?

Forever,

Kim.

Return to “Instruments”