Anyone have a Proteus X?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

The Proteus X seems like a great bargain: all the great Proteus sounds plus an audio card with DSP effects. Has anyone actually tried this, though? How does it work as a VST in other hosts, how are the sounds?

Just curious if anyone has one and loves it and would care to comment.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

I have it and I like i quite a bit.

The sounds are pretty nice. Interface is not exactly the most usable - lots of lag as it tries to search directories and update the screen and all. As far as I know, only a few Proteus X users have not had any serious issues with compatibility.

The sounds tend to be pretty nice, though. Some pretty cool keyboard instruments - not much in the way of orchestral or anything.

It dosn't like the cakewalk DX wrapper - you'll need Directixer as your wrapper if Project 5 or Sonar is your host. Apart from that it's excellent value for money.

Philly wrote:It dosn't like the cakewalk DX wrapper - you'll need Directixer as your wrapper if Project 5 or Sonar is your host. Apart from that it's excellent value for money.
Very true. That is what I use to wrap it and it works great.

Good to know -- my main host is Sonar and I don't have DirectXer :(

How about the 0404 card -- is that a good primary audio card? Acceptable latency, etc?
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Return to “Instruments”