vst effects inside a vsti?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey fellas,

would it be technically possible to place (and choose) vst effects *inside* a vsti and use/modulate them the same way you'd use a built-in filter?

Yes..

http://www.xt-hq.com

/Majken

Well, the way its done its simply to apply the vst FX to the audio channel of the vsti in the host. There is no other way as far as I know. All hosts will allow you to do that.

but wouldn't it be nice...if you could use plug-in filters just directly inside your vsti? or plug-in modulators...and especially oscillators, without entering the modular arena (reaktor, synthedit, xt et al)?

albino, for example, offers different types of oscillators and filters without being much of a modular monster. think of these different osc and vcf types as plug-ins, et voilà.

Hello,
I think Virtual Sampler 3.51
can handle that pretty well.
You can assign any vst plug in to an instrument
and use it like a build in filter or effect or oscillator,though it depends on the inserted efx what can be useful.

artechnika console is a dx/vst host that you can open as a dx or vst instrument or effect within a host and then open any combination of instruments and effects, vst and dx in a modular fashion. what's cool about it is you can open it stand-alone and build your patches and save them to be opened within a host later. at least, that's how i use it. think i paid about $100 or something like that....one of those items i have that have been completely bug-free. locates all your audio drivers, all your midi stuff, dx stuff, you set up your vst paths, you drag it all around and hook it up like in reaktor or whatever. the only downside is that it's easy to build stuff stand-alone that will hit your cpu pretty hard in your host.

:dog: just noticed your last blurb about avoiding modular.....i just don't pay attention (because it's all about me, of course)
i'd rather have a mullet than a comb-over.
fortunately, i have neither.

You can do that with VAZ 2010 and VAZ Modular.

Return to “Instruments”