NI at Musikmesse

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So if NI are releasing some sort of music production environment,
Sickle wrote:
The only catch is that Muzys isn't 'new' or 'groundbreaking' technology..So if Muzys is involved, how & what would have been modified to make it so exceptional now?
By renaming it MuziKs of course.
Last edited by adydub on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sickle wrote:The only catch is that Muzys isn't 'new' or 'groundbreaking' technology..So if Muzys is involved, how & what would have been modified to make it so exceptional now?
basically Muzys was always groundbereaking and actually is it still today - its concept of players instead of normal audio/midi tracks and how the sampler/ Muzynth was integrated into this concept is very much worth expanding upon... :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sickle wrote:
Sequencer-wise, I've always wished for an NI host that intergrates the best of NI's works at a lower/lowest level of intergration..Something that would host VST/VSTi, yet have the ability to insert say a Reaktor element or Spektral Delay in the signal chain/mixer and mod it on the fly, or have Absynth's envelopes available as an alternative to CC automation, Kontakt's scripting, Kompakt as a built in sample player, etc..It could be someting like a Modular host that comes with a minimum enviornment(Reaktor and Kontakt's engines say) and you would have the option of low level intergration of the other products as expansion installers, like Kontakt's new convolution as a built-in send effect, etc..Or get the whole damned thing in one swoop like they offer now for the individual products..

I would be SO into seeing that..

Intergration!!

:band2:
fantastic idea b.t.w. - although I doubt it...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ZioKiller wrote:something with plenty of K in the name... :hihi:
Announcing, the new KKK!

The KKK's newly patented, Kross-Modulation(tm) effects will positively set your studio aflame!

Yes, it's the new Kontact Komplete Keyboard. Ni's first hardware sampler, in keyboard form, and it kontains the Komplete Kollection(tm) of all Kontact samples known to mankind, on it's internal array of hard drives. Konsider this, the workstation to end all workstations.

It even includes powerful workstation features, such as its very kapable Kubase SeKuencer, licensed from the kind folks at Steinberg/Yamaha. A giant kollection of templates, rhythms, etc will round out the onboard SeKuencer.

For the fashion koncious, this new keyboard will also kome in a variety of kustom kolors, including Kranberry, and KhaKi, as well as BasiK BlacK. A matching Korduroy-lined, KonKrete(tm) kovered flight kase will be sold seperately, for those who wish to give their new KKK the ultimate in Komplete shock hazard protektion.

Kustomers wishing to purchase the new KKK, would be well advised to sell a kidney, in advance of even asking about the KKK's pricetag. Teknology such as this doesn't kome cheaply. Be prepared to bring an armoured karload of kash with you, when you visit your local music store.

Kaution: This news announcement has been leaked a day earlier than its originally intended release date, of April 1st. :wink: Expect some, or all of these details, to change in the meantime, including the possible kancelation of the Komplete KKK program.

:hihi:
McLilith
Last edited by McLilith on Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

:-o

:shock: :lol:

opiadream wrote:Image

Ewwwwwwwwww :uhuhuh: :shock: - That's one nasty looking Axe wound :? .

opiadream wrote:Image
I guess that'll teach her not to run through the house with a loaded gun.

:lol:

Cheesus [no error, I love cheese], now that's really tricky... :-o :lol:

btw. does anybody go here sometimes?: http://www.gearjunkies.com/default.php

you can waste a lot of time drooling over there :lol:.
Last edited by DuX on Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Maybe the a USB-to-Brain MIDI controller hardware/virtual MIDI cable technology, where you can sequence your music through tought and achive the perfect takes everytime...

...that's always been a dream of mine :P

adydub wrote:By renaming it MuziKs of course.
I was going to add a joke here about it being called Mukys instead, but then I saw opia's picture. I can't top that.

sweet_trip wrote:Maybe the a USB-to-Brain MIDI controller hardware/virtual MIDI cable technology, where you can sequence your music through tought and achive the perfect takes everytime...

...that's always been a dream of mine :P
It's a little-known fact, that many years ago, Atari experimented with a "brain wave" controller for their line of 8-bit home computers. I know it sounds like bad science-fiction, but I saw some photos online somewhere. The program was cancelled for some reason. :shrug:

Maybe it was just too expensive for customers mainly interested in playing a good game of "Breakout" or "Combat"?

Hey, wait a minute. I also remember seeing an article about a US military officer wanting to use the "Combat" game to train troups with. (This was many, many years ago.) You don't suppose Atari got into "brain wave" controllers for their military possibilities? :o

Oh well, back to the subject at hand: Maybe NI is going to release a VSTi emulation of the military bugle, and call it "Kombat"! It's a known fact, that military bugling is a dying art. A VST emulation could open doors for wannbe buglers, who otherwise couldn't master the instrument.

:hihi:
McLilith

McLilith wrote:
It's a little-known fact, that many years ago, Atari experimented with a "brain wave" controller for their line of 8-bit home computers. I know it sounds like bad science-fiction, but I saw some photos online somewhere. The program was cancelled for some reason. :shrug:

McLilith

i remember seeing a programme about these
two beardy blokes sat in a room in headbands :lol:

but yeah it was like "if i think up, my paddle will in theory go up oh wait a minute..."
so i cant see us controlling cut off and resonance sweeps while playin 8 finger melodys n shit hehe

dahwoud wrote:Reaktor 5 ? Pro54 ? FM7 V2 ? MIDI+AUDIO+VSTI sequencer for live ? Reason like ? who knows ...

pro54 :P

or maybee.. a chainer-like program that works with NI synths and is able to do some interesting stuff among them all..

or maybeee.. its a bluff and they're holding nothing!!!!

Return to “Instruments”