Complex Kontakt patches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the problem in doing such or similar patches by yourself, aMUSEd?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Whoomph wrote:I was looking forward to some EI2 bastardisations al la sickle, here's hoping :hyper:
hehe..yeah I got it, but I don't think there's much I can improve on as they're all top drawer..I have to be carefull what I cannibalize with those as they're commercial works..

:?

EI2 Fckn awesome allright !!

You've progressed a lot in a short time man,
and you always credited the the origins of the macros/ins etc. ... Then you surpassed all that.
(Hive Mind functionality) LOL
You gettin respect from the daddy man !!(ens. guru CL .etc).

Ok back on topic,
Good point Sascha Frank,
I'm going to try to tease a bit more from K2 myself.
I have to say it's goddam wicked!!!

Sascha Franck wrote:What's the problem in doing such or similar patches by yourself, aMUSEd?
Well of course nothing (in principle) but I don't always feel I know what I'm doing so I'd like to see some examples to learn from - I find manuals hard to digest and prefer to see "real life" examples.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:What's the problem in doing such or similar patches by yourself, aMUSEd?
Well of course nothing (in principle) but I don't always feel I know what I'm doing so I'd like to see some examples to learn from - I find manuals hard to digest and prefer to see "real life" examples.
And this from the same person who did the patches on the WilderBeast mod..

:roll:

Credit where credit is due.
WB is Fkn brilliant , patches layout and above all the sound of the thing,
Ok now my nose is brown now.

Only some of them

aMUSEd wrote: Well of course nothing (in principle) but I don't always feel I know what I'm doing so I'd like to see some examples to learn from - I find manuals hard to digest and prefer to see "real life" examples.
So, what's so hard to do in Kontakt?
Maybe I could partially help you out... for whatever reasons I'm rather familiar with it by now.

Sasha ... may I pick your brain?

I've got Hal 3 but am thinking about Kontakt 2.

Will K2 import the megatrig features on my Hal samples?

Or will I have to mess about with scripts or suchlike to get the megatrigs converted correctly?

I like using Hal but K2 seems to have a much more advanced spec.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Hi kevvvvv,
kevvvvv wrote: Will K2 import the megatrig features on my Hal samples?
I actually wouldn't happen to know as the only HALion patches I have are those of V1 (I never updated it because there was the EXS and later on Kontakt).
I don't even know what those megatrig features are exactly doing (something along the lines of keyswitches and so on?) - any online resources for further information? Or maybe even some free patches utilizing them, so I could give an import a try?
More advanced regarding what? I do believe it has, but I'm not sure what you're refering to.

Cheers,
Sascha

sasha
I actually wouldn't happen to know as the only HALion patches I have are those of V1 (I never updated it because there was the EXS and later on Kontakt).
I don't even know what those megatrig features are exactly doing (something along the lines of keyswitches and so on?) - any online resources for further information? Or maybe even some free patches utilizing them, so I could give an import a try?

Quote:

More advanced regarding what? I do believe it has, but I'm not sure what you're refering to.

sasha ... thanx for coming back.

Megatrig is key trigger ... yes.

Like a low C0 switches in one version, C#0 switches another sample set version etc

Have you imported Gig samples with these keytrig features?

The different sample modes sound very attractive. Hal doesn't have any time stretch features. They look really good for importing loops that sync on the fly.

Have you used the KSP script features? Do you like them, or are they clunky, or, not very musical to use? The idea seems interesting.

I also like the idea of getting a spanking brand new 15gb sample library.

Maybe K2 is for me :wink:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Like a low C0 switches in one version, C#0 switches another sample set version etc
Well, of course those functions are all there. But...
Have you imported Gig samples with these keytrig features?
To be honest: No, I haven't. It *seems* to work well though (following other's comments on that matter), but please don't quote me on that. I'm just not much of a classical library user (all I have is some rather old-ishs AKAI CDs).
The different sample modes sound very attractive. Hal doesn't have any time stretch features. They look really good for importing loops that sync on the fly.
"On the fly" - hm... that's something else to me, even if it's indeed working.
I prefer dedicated tools any day though (Phatmatik, MicroDicer( - they're way faster in getting the job done IMO.
Have you used the KSP script features? Do you like them, or are they clunky, or, not very musical to use? The idea seems interesting.
I've only used them partially, and it takes a while of getting used to the method it seems. For example, it's rather important to get the notes right when using the automatic chord detection. An A followed by a G is resulting in something entirely different than a G followed by an A. So sometimes (in case you quantized stuff) you may need to manually correct some notes.
The good thing about the chord guitar stuff however is that you can actually create totally individual rhythms.
I also like the idea of getting a spanking brand new 15gb sample library.
Yeah. But I guess this would also depend on what sort of libraries you allready have.
For me it's a godsend as my good old Vitous Mini AKAI stuff was indeed aging quite a bit... (maybe one of the reasons I never took the time to actually care about string arrangements).

Regards,
Sascha

Return to “Instruments”