Closing business

User to user support for: linplug.com
mikusan
KVRian
692 posts since 26 Jun, 2003 from UK

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:10 am

That's a real shame, Peter. Linplug products were always so good - innovative, fun to use, and of course they sound great.
I still use CRX4 and Spectral in everything I make. You'll be missed. Best of luck in your future endeavours.
And a Happy Christmas :)

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
6145 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: Closing business

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 am

Good luck to you in whatever comes next, and of course thanks for your generosity over the years - not just in terms of the free plug-ins, but also donating licences for prizes in the song contest etc.

hayash
KVRer
20 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Too bad LinPlug closed :( I really enjoyed working with Albino.

missed the sale too... :?

hlecram
KVRist
91 posts since 11 Jul, 2016

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:46 am

Yeah sad to see :(

Might there ever be a comeback Peter (even if chances are really low...)?

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2633 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:02 am

If plugin alliance started to sell linplug? 🤔

hlecram
KVRist
91 posts since 11 Jul, 2016

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 am

Which dev is supporting/updating the plugins? If Peter isnt able to, that would mean he has to give his code away which makes it a tricky situation. BTW I dont want to see that linplug gold gets branded under the PA banner, at least not for now...

thejonsolo
KVRAF
2140 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:34 pm

They closed the doors. I saw nothing to indicate they would pass the code, release the code, or morph as part of any other business. I think it is just done. Making it more challenging is that it was not left as abandonware, or free, nor can you any longer transfer licenses.

I really wish something would happen, but I don't see that becoming a thing.

mevla
KVRAF
2611 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 am

I was using Saxlab2 yesterday, Tenor Peters -> Tenor Middle. Even though I have sampled tenor saxes of various kinds, there's something with Saxlab2, some grit, some presence, that makes it often a go-to for saxophones.

Gnalvl
KVRer
1 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm

I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December when I was strongly considering CRX4 for purchase. I downloaded the demo and spent a few months playing with it, and when I finally decided "yes, this is perfect, I'm ready to buy it!" to my horror the official site was down and I was out of luck.

It sucks cause I'd known of Linplug for a long time (big fan of FreeAlpha) and wanted to get a couple of their plugins before they were gone forever, but I missed the boat big time. If the closing announcement had been on their site back in December I probably would have impulse-bought a bunch.

At any rate, if anyone has a CRX4 serial they're willing to part with, PM me. I'll gladly pay the final $50 price for for it over Paypal... I just wish I could have payed it to Linplug.

louderr
KVRer
24 posts since 7 Apr, 2016

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 am

same for me :(

starflakeprj
KVRian
1166 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:35 am

Gnalvl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm
I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December when I was strongly considering CRX4 for purchase. I downloaded the demo and spent a few months playing with it, and when I finally decided "yes, this is perfect, I'm ready to buy it!" to my horror the official site was down and I was out of luck.

It sucks cause I'd known of Linplug for a long time (big fan of FreeAlpha) and wanted to get a couple of their plugins before they were gone forever, but I missed the boat big time. If the closing announcement had been on their site back in December I probably would have impulse-bought a bunch.

At any rate, if anyone has a CRX4 serial they're willing to part with, PM me. I'll gladly pay the final $50 price for for it over Paypal... I just wish I could have payed it to Linplug.
Even though LinPlug is out of business I don't believe it's legal to sell the serial number.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

cyrb
KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2019

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 am

Gnalvl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm
I had the misfortune to miss the message they were closing in December.
Exactly how I feel about Loftsoft FM Heaven... used to cost $40 via PayPal on site but i was skeptical of that payment method. Now the site disappeared.

Sad to see these companies and plugins die. :cry:

Unfortunately there is no capacity for a second hand market for soft synths, which is a shame, because people will buy and sell vintage hardgear until the end of the universe. Of course unless the developer releases freeware/opensource like happened to Steinberg Model-E (freeware), or Surge (now open source)..

Return to “LinPlug”