Spectral public beta / call for presets and sound/video demos

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

The Albino preset thing has already been discussed at length, not gonna happen.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Ok... I had a dream... ;-)
Last edited by larsomat on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsomat wrote:There could be a way around it. I looked at the source of the Albino presets. It seems like a pretty simple grid of hexadecimal values. If the LinPlug Team would provide me with the necessary information on how the values of the albino grid relate to the spectral preset system, I could write a little tool to convert them... But I'm just a web developer, so it would be in php or javascript...

Ok... I had a dream... ;-)
But then people could import Rob Papen's presets; he's made it abundantly clear that's not acceptable to him.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Yes. Forget about it. Funny thing is: I'm not interested in Rob Papens presets at all. There are many other Albino presets, though, which I bought, and I'd really like to be able to convert them. Anyway: just forget it. I was just dreaming...

Edit: And my first assumption with the hexvalues was wrong anyway. I just opened a preset file with another editor, and it didn't look that simple anymore.

GeorgeZ wrote:Had a bit of an issue today. I've started working on demo tracks while making patches (as I always do) and for some reason after I loaded one of the tracks I was working on half the presets were the default init.
I've trying a lot and finally it happened here too, yet up to now its happen rarely, so not really easy to reproduce. But thats my job, I'm definitely on this one, thats fatal. Thanks for pointing it out!

Also thanks for the posted tunes and video !!! Great stuff on which I will comment as soon as possible.

Repost from a previous Spectral thread to add to the collection posted here ;)
https://soundcloud.com/dellodee/linplug ... a-90s-demo

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Had a bit of an issue today. I've started working on demo tracks while making patches (as I always do) and for some reason after I loaded one of the tracks I was working on half the presets were the default init.
No worries mate, it's what we do. BETA FTW! :lol: Anyway, as you say, it's a really weird one cause it's not happened again since :shock: Good luck sorting that one out. Rather you that me :D

Anyway, just PM'd you a link to the manual thing I posted about the other day.

EDIT: erp... PM's not active, I sent you an email!
Eternitysound VST Banks

A little question : it is not possible to assign mod matrix slot to FXs parameters ? except dry/wet ?

Davias wrote:A little question : it is not possible to assign mod matrix slot to FXs parameters ? except dry/wet ?
Exactly

Any idea when the Mac beta will be available?

@Peter from Linplug

Forgive me if I didn't look carefully enough, but is there a way to use only one filter section for a preset that contains multiple oscs? I don't always wish for a separate filter section.

I know there is a filter in the FX, but that's different, I need to have something like a master filter (cutoff, resonance, envelope, etc). I know there are plugins that give you the option to route an OSC to a certain Filter. I would LOVE that.

So tell me I'm blind and that it's already implented, make my day! :D

Edit: thinking about it some more (not in the studio currently), I can probably get around it by using the mod matrix. This synth is so amazing that I didn't even had the time to start playing with the Mod Matrix. Oops.. :hihi:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:@Peter from Linplug

Forgive me if I didn't look carefully enough, but is there a way to use only one filter section for a preset that contains multiple oscs? I don't always wish for a separate filter section.

I know there is a filter in the FX, but that's different, I need to have something like a master filter (cutoff, resonance, envelope, etc). I know there are plugins that give you the option to route an OSC to a certain Filter. I would LOVE that.

So tell me I'm blind and that it's already implented, make my day! :D

Edit: thinking about it some more (not in the studio currently), I can probably get around it by using the mod matrix. This synth is so amazing that I didn't even had the time to start playing with the Mod Matrix. Oops.. :hihi:
This was the purpose of my question too. I wanted to assign an EG to the filter FX cutoff in order to make a pluck out of a preset using already the OSCs filters for special sound (formant, comb, bp, etc...). But it seems not possible if I understand well...

EDIT: derp... didn't read the whole post before I replied.

Either way, apart from the FX filter as noted, there's no way to route all 4 OSCs to only one of the OSC filters (if that was the case it's be semi modular eh?).
Eternitysound VST Banks

solidtrax wrote:Forgive me if I didn't look carefully enough, but is there a way to use only one filter section for a preset that contains multiple oscs? I don't always wish for a separate filter section.
There is none for multiple reasons. The main reason is that its technically not easy as the filters and oscillators are tightly integrated. We thought about this in depth, and usually there is few reason to have the same filter on two layers, why should one want this ? Haveing multiple detuned oscillators is not required as you can just use spread in one oscillator. Even using different waveforms is no argument, as you can have two in one oscillator. Thats the reason is just used the word "layer" ;-) We've been talking also with our sound designers, and even they - in the beginning asked for that - but as it turns out, once you finalize the sounds you always end up wanting to individually control the filters anyway, be it a bit more envelope on the one or be it a slightly different shape or operation frequency. I know, one is looking for it as we all are so used to have that in traditional synth, but we not found any lack in not having it yet. And, as said already by someone, you can copy filters to have a start point for other layers.

Despite this, if you feel a lack, let us know we listen carefully and will see whats the best solution (however probably not in the first released version next month). Thanks for bringing this up.

baconpriest wrote:Any idea when the Mac beta will be available?
The devil is in the detail ... but we're almost there. To answer your question: Not really, but very soon.

Return to “LinPlug”