For all you FM lovers out there...

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOPM

DrWashington wrote:Also thanks to Martin for making me aware of this site: http://picopicose.com/software.html

Apparently, this guy has taken on Sam's VOPM project and renamed it VOPMex (but the .dll name is the same). There's a 64-bit version now, and it's working great with Cubase 9.5 on my end.

I'm going through these sounds and comparing them between FM8 and VOPM, and quite a few of them sound pretty significantly different on FM8... most are pretty close so far between the two. But, VOPM just has 'that' sound... still. Really wish he'd add MIDI learn, put the portamento out in the open with a standard on/off button and rate slider, etc. But, this is great... I missed this little bugger in my VSTi arsenal!
Yes. I just stumbled on this VOPMex version recompiled in 64-bit for Windows as well as for OSX by Picipose, and it works perfect on my Windows Mulab with pretty damn good sounds.
:phones:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Reading this topic I think these sysex presets currently not existing in fm8 format.
Am I right?
If that's the case, I could try convert them.....

Will any of these load into the plogue plugin?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm Will any of these load into the plogue plugin?
Load window shows all .opm files as grey-ed out so I guess not.

CinningBao wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:03 am
V0RT3X wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm Will any of these load into the plogue plugin?
Load window shows all .opm files as grey-ed out so I guess not.
not working for me.....anyone else?? i would really like these presets :(

Does such a free sound library also exist for the Nintendo Mario sounds? (NES, SNES)
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

It doesn’t get much attention, but Flow Motion is a really fun and great FM plugin. Not really a major advance in FM, but the interface and features makes it really unique.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

DrWashington wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 pm I just converted pretty much every Sega Genesis (Mega Drive for those of you across the pond from me) game ever into .opm files which can be loaded with "Sam's" fantastic VOPM freeware FM synth. I basically d/l'd all the files from project2612.org and ran Shiru's vgm2opm tool on an entire huge folder of all the games. Only a few didn't make it, but for the most part, they're intact. There are literally thousands of useful FM sounds here from the glory days of 16-bit gaming.

Put some high-quality effects on these, and you'll be in 16-bit heaven!! :love:

Enjoy, and please share your results here!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynnygzowyzw/2612org OPMs.zip

SysEx files - can be imported directly into FM8:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5ww7d3wf ... -sysex.zip
Thanks for this!

Return to “Sound Design”