List of your favourite sounds/presets (give examples)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure a thread like this has been made before but feel free to post sounds or songs here (with links. PLEASE ADD a Youtube link or any other type of link) so I can make a list and work on them whenever I get a chance in between things and strike them off the list as I go along.

I want to mostly make these in Vital but others maybe if needed.

Done so far:
Bass
- Slope (Dub) - On Page 2. For Grump but needs a bit more work to get the width right.
- Benny Benassi - Satisfaction. Page 2
- Nexus 6 - Tres Chic. Page 4 (Bass/Lead)
- LORN - OXBOW B. Page 4
- Sasha - Boileroom. P4 Square Unison Bass
- U96- Love sees no color Bass. P5
- CoRo feat Talessa - Because the Night Bass. P5
- Robert Miles - Children Bass. P5
- 1999 (Kay Cee Remix) - Binary Finary Bass P6

Pluck
- Knight Rider. 90% there. On Page 2. The main difference i believe is in the phaser that was used. A few more tweaks with the pulse width perhaps and some fine tuning.

FX
FM BOOM - Dont know what elso call it but it's pretty sweet. Page 2
Sunbeam- Outside World Vox sample P6

LD
Sash - Adelante. Page 4
Drax - Amphetamine P6
Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade P6
Enigma - Flute P8
Culture Beat - Mr Vain P9
Last edited by CHOOS on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcDPxeNZ68
bit a bit 0:00 to 0:45 pluck/chord/bass ? Sylenth1 synth1 or Serum ?

[removed after reevaluations]
Last edited by juno987654321 on Wed May 26, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

[removed after reevaluations]
Last edited by juno987654321 on Wed May 26, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

I'll be working on these bit by bit,
GOD DAMN Grump! I f**ked around for about an hour now on the slope one but just not satisfied yet.
Gonna call it quits for today.

My knight Rider one sucks for now too but I'll keep taking stabs at it
Last edited by CHOOS on Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

The knight rider pluck sound you mean? This one must be challenging as hell. The other sounds in the knight rider theme or some fx sounds in it may be a bit easier if you like to start with those? I've seen people try to recreate that pluck sound on youtube. It's not even sure whether it's a guitar-like pluck as some suggested or purely synth... The only ones that supposedly managed to come close to it didn't even explain a thing about it. So I always wondered if those were just fakes who just sampled something from the original. But that's not quite what we want here. :uhuhuh:

The order btw doesn't matter at all. You could also just start with another one that you find challenging or appealing enough if you like. I will also start tinkering on them in parrallel when I come to it. As you know I'm still with basses, high hats and thelike. Those sounds are all really interesting to me and I hope they catch your interest as well! As always: since we're not Gods we can only approach what other professionals must have been working on for years. So let's go easy on that! 8)

Michael Jackson - Beat it

Intro

Example: derng, derng, derrrrrrrrrrrng
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 am Michael Jackson - Beat it

Intro

It’s a preset in Arturia CMI V (although Mike and Quincy used a Synclavier if I am informed correctly).

While I am here: CHOOS, can you please give your best shot at the intro sound of Level 42’s Lessons in Love (not the distortion guitar, but the synth), which is also used just before the bridge as well?

juno987654321 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:43 pm :o I just woke up in sweated bedsheets and the first thing I could think of was: U96! How could I have forgotten?
So I directly switched on my laptop to include them to my favorites:
U96 - "Das Boot" and "Night in motion"
There's another one that came to my mind as indispensable when I woke up: Music Instructor -Super Sonic. :love:
I could post all the links for youtube but that would make this post somewhat hard to read because I have such a list of songs.
Copy and paste into youtube as you like if you want to listen to the individual examples would make more sense in this case I believe. :phones:
U96- Love sees no color
Coro Ft Talesaa-because the night bass ( still cant get the sound I am after)
September- Because I love you Dave ramone remix bass
Robert miles-Children the offbeat Bass
Thanks Choos

CHOOS wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:20 pm I'll be working on these bit by bit,
GOD DAMN Grump! I f**ked around for about an hour now on the slope one but just not satisfied yet.
Gonna call it quits for today.

My knight Rider one suck for now too but I'll keep taking stabs at it
They are the Ben Johnsons of EDM, so failing is no shame really 😂

Btw: thumbs up for your activities here. I'll maybe come back to with dome cheesy digital stuff I'm interested in today 😉

Reminder that Knife Party released some of their unique presets for free:
https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/ ... e_presets/

What synth?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 am Michael Jackson - Beat it

Intro

dx7 the massive dong patch.
just poogle massive dong :tu:

https://youtu.be/j7SNzgggyJo?t=80

Video @ 1:20

Michael Jackson - Beat It = Synclavier II Synthesized Gong

https://youtu.be/F3rrjQtQe5A?t=783

Video @ 13:03

Harold Faltermeyer - Top Gun Anthem = DX7 Mk I Series Tub Bells

Return to “Sound Design”