John Lehmkuhl [PluginGuru] Interview

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

John Lehmkuhl [PluginGuru] has been making killer synth presets since '88. I spoke to him about his career in sound design. If you don't know his work, it's definitely worth checking out.

https://soundcloud.com/midi-error/mm34

Enjoy,

midierror

Really like Plugin Guru you tube vids. He shows a lot of sound design techniques in them.
James

airbrush wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 am Really like Plugin Guru you tube vids. He shows a lot of sound design techniques in them.
James
Yeah he's awesome. Had an amazing career, which he talks about - easy to see why he's so amazing at what he does!

If he's so good why doesn't he help us with our questions in sound design here?
Ask him.
I never saw any "plugin guru" help me with the questions I had here, e. g. how to create a special type of noise in Serum. It's still not been solved...

Hence this post to me only seems like one of those commercials again, not really interesting to me.
But maybe he would like to join us here. Ask him...

We're not on youtube here.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

juno987654321 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 pm If he's so good why doesn't he help us with our questions in sound design here?
Ask him.
I never saw any "plugin guru" help me with the questions I had here, e. g. how to create a special type of noise in Serum. It's still not been solved...

Hence this post to me only seems like one of those commercials again, not really interesting to me.

i doubt he hangs around here, prob too busy with work to spoon feed beginners

AnX wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:08 pm
juno987654321 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 pm If he's so good why doesn't he help us with our questions in sound design here?
Ask him.

...And in that case to hell with it!
Don't need help how to type in words into youtube here.
I prefer to type in words into youtube without anybody manipulating me to focus on someone who wants to sell something...
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

yeah! also, can we talk about howard scarr ain't shit because he never answered my tweet about how to make a hoover sound on diva, and f*ck richard devine for leaving me on read when i was having trouble activating my falcon license!

juno987654321 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 pm
AnX wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:08 pm
Ask him.

...And in that case to hell with it!
Don't need help how to type in words into youtube here.
I prefer to type in words into youtube without anybody manipulating me to focus on someone who wants to sell something...
maybe stop typing and start learning

I love how forum threads can descend into a selection of irrational outbursts which say more about the people spouting than anything else

No, it just means that I think promo is irrelevant and annoying in this section here because it won't contribute to anything that would be relevant to the learning process in sound design and I know a lot about learning. If it wasn't for people who do what some may call "spoon feed beginners" then learning wouldn't be possible here and I should have no interest in such subtle commerce. I should recommend to rather post this in the "buy and sell" section which is for promoting merchandise products. So good luck...

midierror wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:45 am John Lehmkuhl [PluginGuru] has been making killer synth presets since '88. I spoke to him about his career in sound design. If you don't know his work, it's definitely worth checking out.

https://soundcloud.com/midi-error/mm34

Enjoy,

midierror
cool thanks.
love the podcasts :tu:

some interesting interviews.

Ask him.

Dumb c**t.

juno987654321 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 pm[...] one of those commercials [...]
If you genuinely feel so, this is the correct course of action:
_
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 08.31.40.png

But I bet you have not listened to it for one second. Haters gonna be haters :shrug:
juno987654321 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 pm We're not on youtube here.
Correct. The interview is posted on SoundCloud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

simmo75 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:44 pm
Ask him.

Dumb c**t.
Made my day :D

There's something I also like about this and I enjoy it very much.
Just one more thing:
I wish for you to enjoy the interview (I knew it's on soundcloud btw) and leave me alone with the somewhat different opinion which I merely stated above.
The fact that I'm alone with this opinion shall not do me any harm and you can very well have your own opinion.
That's how it's supposed to be. Thank you everybody!
And do call me names! I certainly won't report it because I'm irrational as it appears.
Have a good one, amigos!
There's something I like about this...

Return to “Sound Design”