V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:Can I use a USB-midi controller with the V-Machine, or does it only accept standard midi-in?

Plus, how do you connect a guitar? The audio in jack looks like it is 1/8". Do you connect it through a USB interface?
yeah, you can use a Usb mini controller for things like the synth vst, i use a M-Audio Keystation 61 via usb and the v-machine has instantly recognize it.

You connect the guitar via a mini jack adapter, at the moment i imported Lepou Lecto and studio devil british valve amp sims in the v-machine but i get no sound, some vst needs a wizard to help the machine to make it works, some don't, maybe that's the problem i have.

If it finally runs the amp sims ok, then for the price it will really be a steal

You have to enable the input channel in the V machine mixer to use the input jack
I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

i've enable the input channel in the mixer, but studio devil still doesn't work, it's in the v machine but i get no sound

[quote="bharris22"]Can I use a USB-midi controller with the V-Machine, or does it only accept standard midi-in?

Plus, how do you connect a guitar? The audio in jack looks like it is 1/8". Do you connect it through a USB interface?[/quote]

I believe you just plug your guitar into the jack; I don't know if you need a preamp or not.

[quote="bharris22"]Finally, can someone summarize their recent experience with these? My sense from reading reviews is that the hardware is fiddly, and obviously can't handle newer plugins. However, if I go into this understanding that I can probably only load 32 bit plugins, may be restricted to Synth-Edit or freeware, and will not get any support from the manufacturer, it still seems worth it to me at the blowout prices to get a standalone unit that could run some decent VST synth plugins and older but good guitar VSTs. So long as I can wipe the unit clean and start again if one of the plugins causes it to crash so that I can't use it, I wouldn't mind reloading plugins if necessary.

Any experiences/thoughts would be welcome. Thanks![/quote]

I got mine due to a bundled package which included Classic Keys Collection, and the price of those plugins alone was worth what I paid for it. I've unfortunately still been too busy to test it right, but ultimately once I get it to work I'm sure it will be worth it because the plugins it can handle, whether they are older commercial ones that have the wizard files available or high-quality freeware ones that are not complicated to install, are generally good enough for my needs. When I'm done configuring it I will have the following plugins installed:

Instruments: VB3, Minimonsta, Lounge Lizard, Virtual String Machine, Key Performer (GSI), OP-X, Sampletank 2, Sonik Synth 2

Effects: Amplitube 2 + various freeware

These are all V-machine compatible so being able to have access to them in one compact box was reason enough for me to buy it. I think that you probably would be happy with one if you got it since you appear aware of its limitations but understand that it still can handle some great plugins.

[quote="Tom Volante"]i've enable the input channel in the mixer, but studio devil still doesn't work, it's in the v machine but i get no sound[/quote]

Any luck with this Tom? Sorry I never got around to testing the Hybrit yet...I can't imagine why you would be having issues.

By the way, you asked about the fan a few posts ago. You probably could replace it if you were willing to risk voiding the warranty. I've never overclocked a computer but it's possible that if you kept your usage light that you might even be able to disconnect it. From what I've read, it's prolonged heavy-duty processing that makes the processor heat up, so short or modest sessions might allow you to use it without the fan but frankly I don't think it is worth the risk.

Yeah Paul, it works, at least Studio devil british valve works, the complete studio devil amp modeler seems to overload the cpu, dirty sounds full of cracks, regardless of the buffer size.

But i successfully installed a few others amp sims, all the Lepou ones, with the right impulses, sounds great
The Anvil from Ignite Amps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8krIqkxT_lg

very nice, with beautiful clean sounds too

this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4Kq6ClqsY

The Nadir impulses loader etc

For the fan i agree, i don't think it is worth the risk, maybe i'll put the machine in a shoebox to drown out the fan noise lol

Let me know what you think of the hybrit when you'll' try it.
The V-machine is clearly a bargain

Hi anyone there know what's the maxium capacity of the RAM that V-Machine support?I found some 4G DDR2 800 SODIMMs are on sale,still their price is fourfold of the 2G ver. :party:

I'm thinking about grabbing one of these . Now I know they are under powered so I'm not assuming it would run somthing like the Matrix 12 , but to be usefull I'd love to know if any of these work ...

ImpOSCar
Oddity
M-Tron (not pro)
Waldorf Edition ( v1 or v2 )
Korg ms20
Poly six
Korg mde-x
Line 6 gearbox or podfarm
Opx pro II
Novation V-station
Novation Bass Station
SQ8L

SQ8L works great and you can load several of them. That I can tell you for sure. Korg doesn't quite work (some guy managed to make them work, but never shared his wizard files with the community). OP-X has a special version with lower voice count.

VFXAU wrote:Tempo control is fully assignable to controllers, next revision will also have External MIDI tempo sync...
That's a quote from January 26 2009. My firmware is dated 2010 December 4, almost 2 years later. So surely this version must have that option?
Can anyone please tell me how to sync the V-Machine to an external midi clock?
I can't find anything in the Midi settings and all I can do is set BPM. I'm sure there's got to be a way to sync to an external clock? Otherwise it's useless.

No-one?

No-one! :(

New V-machine user here. Working well for what it is and can do.

I have some questions please.

Can anyone tell me what upgrading the ram from 512MB to 1GB will offer? Will it ease the CPU usage (if even just a little) with VSTi instruments, or is it only going to benefit "sample player" vst's"?

Is this the correct style ram upgrade I can install? 1GB 200-Pin DDR2 800 PC2-6400 SODIMM CL6 (Laptop Memory).

Problem 1: Has anyone been able to install IK Multimedia Philharmonik (vers 1) and have it working? It has a Wizard file so it must be able to work.
I'm able to install mine, license for Vmachine, etc. It loads fine but I hear nothing. I suspect the sounds are not in the correct place on in folders on the 32gb USB stick. Help?

Problem 2: Classic Keys for V-Machine VST help?
- Minimonsta (Installed fine but I can't load/play any of the many patches from VM. only plays initial sound on loading. Something is wrong. Suspect the patches aren't in proper folder (?).

- Same thing with String Machine. Loads fine but hearing no sounds. suspect the same as above. Anyone have it working?
Where should I have the sounds on a USB?

All other Classic Keys playing fine.

Successfully able to play on V-Machine:

OP-X
VB3 1.3 and 1.4
SQ8L (but not CC capable, and patches can't be saved)
Mr Ray 22
Mr Ray 73 (but VM not powerful enough to handle polyphony needs)
Mr Tramp
Sampletank2se
P 600 II
Combo Model F
Mono/Fury
TickyClav
Deputy Mark II
Gigmate V2
Arpe2600v
Polyate
...and there are tons more free ones I still got to check out and possibly install.

I can forget trying my Atmosphere, Absynth 5, etc...etc. VM is not powerful enough (But i already knew that).
thanks for any help

I own a V-Machine but the fan noise is really annoying. Is there any alternative to the original noisy fan?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anyone tried using the Kontakt 5 Player on their V-Machine? I guess it wont work, but maybe it does.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”