Looking for Midi Controller: Perhaps Roland A-88 and Yamaha P-155

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a ten years old Yamaha P-80 which is an older version of the P-155. It's only the last month i've started having problem with a key (it wouldn't bounce up as it should). I don't blame anyone else but me for that because i've had junk on the keys for years. A keyboard really ruins desktop space so i keep everything on it... i shouldn't though :oops:
I opened it up and replaced the key with one lower down on the keyboard that i don't use as much and .. well, none of the keys would stick. Magic i guess. Problem solved :)

When i bought it i compared it to Roland's similar offering and i prefered yamaha's sound and feel.

One thing i miss dearly is pitch bend and modwheel!
:hug:

I'm not looking for sound, but for velocity response. The keys did feel a tiny bit plasticy in store, but not bad. hmm

synchronizer wrote:Any other impressions of the Roland A-88?
No aftertouch is unforgivable - especially for that price.

Yamaha P-155 specs don't even mention it which doesn't bode well either.

synchronizer wrote:I'm not looking for sound, but for velocity response. The keys did feel a tiny bit plasticy in store, but not bad. hmm
See if you can find a VMK then, response is quite nice IMO (and it has aftertouch).

Although, the price has more than doubled since I bought mine:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Studiologic ... 1276354.gc?

That has very poor reviews. Hmm.

It's disappointing that companies haven't created a bare-bones controller for the hobbyist.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”