Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2016 NAMM Show: Korg today officially announced the minilogue – a new four-voice polyphonic analog synth.

The Korg minilogue is a fully programmable four-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer; complete with a 16-step polyphonic note and motion sequencer, arpeggiator, and delay.

It features an easy-to-understand signal flow, featuring two oscillators, noise, a filter with two options for filter slope, dual ADSR envelopes, a LFO and amplifier.

A new Voice Mode lets users choose how the four available voices are configured; from Polyphonic to Duophonic, and Unison to one note Chords, plus more.

In addition to offering up information on presets and editable parameters, the OLED display also features a real-time oscilloscope, providing visual feedback as you tweak sounds.

The minilogue also is built to be rugged and attractive, with a curved sand-blasted aluminum face panel, a Pyinkado wood back panel, solid, chassis-mounted potentiometers and rubber-coated knobs.

“We are beyond proud of the work our designers, engineers and voicers have put into this instrument,” says James Sajeva, Brand Manager for Korg Technology products. “minilogue also brings a new level of affordability to the world of programmable polyphonic analog synthesizers. At $499.99 it is priced like a digital synth, but is armed with superb true analog sound, convenience of programmability, a striking design and quality build.”

The Korg minilogue will make its official debut at next week’s 2016 Winter NAMM Show. The minilogue will be available in stores on January 21st.

Images courtesy of Sweetwater.com
Last edited by eXode on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great find. I love what Korg has been doing in the analog domain. Let's hope that this is another winner.

Another image surfaced on gs

lubbly jubbly. lets hope the price is right... for me, that would be 350. or less, obviously.

Daags wrote:lubbly jubbly. lets hope the price is right... for me, that would be 350. or less, obviously.
Rumored price is +/- $500 USD. :)

Looks almost like a hardware Diva (ironically)

Wow that looks beautiful :)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

[rant]
OMG, another mini analogue, how extremely innovative!
[/rant]
Seriously, is hardware VA completely dead or what? This is like the gazillionth mini monphonic/voice sharing polyphonic analogue in the last few years. Admittedly, neither Korg nor analogue is really my thing, but i'm really wondering if the VA market is completely dead. Anyway, each to his like.

eXode wrote:
Daags wrote:lubbly jubbly. lets hope the price is right... for me, that would be 350. or less, obviously.
I could stretch to 400 if it can also make coffee.

chk071 wrote:[rant]
[/rant]
Seriously, is hardware VA completely dead or what? This is like the gazillionth mini monphonic/voice sharing polyphonic analogue in the last few years. Admittedly, neither Korg nor analogue is really my thing, but i'm really wondering if the VA market is completely dead. Anyway, each to his like.
What makes you think it's a VA.....if it's a 4 voice real real analog synth (with osciliscope!) as rumoured for under 500 bucks then I call that innovation!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

[/rant]
I don't think any hardware sells that well these days. That's why any new hardware is gratefully received in general as it's pretty risky for any company.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

That looks pretty tasty!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Whoa, never thought i would want an analog synth... until now. :o

eXode wrote:
A four voice analog for $500?
Last edited by zerocrossing on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

SLiC wrote:
[/rant]
What makes you think it's a VA.....if it's a 4 voice real real analog synth (with osciliscope!) as rumoured for under 500 bucks then I call that innovation!
Might wanna read my post again, i never said it's a VA. :) I was wondering if VA is completely dead with all those mini monophonic analogues these days.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”