Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote:
tehlord wrote:Current VA synths (off the top of my head) :-

Blofeld
Virus
Nord Leads
King Korg
JDXA (hybrid)
Novation Nova's
Microkorgs
Reface
System 1
Roland Gaia
Studiologic Sledge
Don Bowen Solaris
Modulus

Not to mention the VA aspect of a lot of the workstations.

That's probably about as many as there's ever been surely? :?
M Audio Venom
Alesis Miniak (still one of the best!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

not enough VA's.. that's rich

SLiC wrote:
AnX wrote:

Blofeld
Virus
Nord Leads
King Korg
JDXA (hybrid)
Novation Nova's
Microkorgs
Reface
System 1
Roland Gaia
Studiologic Sledge
Don Bowen Solaris
Modulus

M Audio Venom
Alesis Micro/Micron or something?

D-Fusion wrote:I get it when it comes to analogue but why limit digital synths in 2015-16.
It's those limits that stop the synth from sounding crap. That's why the best analogue synths stick near the 'sweetspot' for most of it's functionality - anyone can grab a few knobs and come out with something that sounds at least 'good'. You give access to every parameter with no limits and most people will sit there for days and just get frustrated. Just look at the DX series - that's why almost every user stuck to the presets because most attempts at programming, by those who weren't experts, resulted in thin, crappy sounds.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

AnX wrote:
SLiC wrote:
AnX wrote:

Blofeld
Virus
Nord Leads
King Korg
JDXA (hybrid)
Novation Nova's
Microkorgs
Reface
System 1
Roland Gaia
Studiologic Sledge
Don Bowen Solaris
Modulus

M Audio Venom
Alesis Micro/Micron or something?
Alesis Micron/Ion and Akai Miniak are all exactly the same synth.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Reposting big AD poster

Murderous duck!

Where's the catch? :scared:

AnX wrote:Where's the catch? :scared:
Why do you think of any? Novation Bass Station cost 499 and Korg is doing quite a similar thing at similar price.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Why do you think of any? Novation Bass Station cost 499 and Korg is doing quite a similar thing at similar price.

Mono/poly.... and as the old saying goes, if it looks to good to be true, it usually is.

Im quite happy to be wrong tho.

AnX wrote:
david.beholder wrote:

Mono/poly.... and as the old saying goes, if it looks to good to be true, it usually is.

Im quite happy to be wrong tho.
haha.. I can't tell if you are referring to the korg mono/poly as being a gyp, or that the bass station is a mono and minilogue is poly. ;)

But seriously, there are no red flags so far? I mean, if they do pull a good product off, they will make heaps of money! People have been clamoring for something like this for a long time.

stillshaded wrote:
haha.. I can't tell if you are referring to the korg mono/poly as being a gyp, or that the bass station is a mono and minilogue is poly. ;)
Korg poly, BS mono. If the unit sounds good, and the Euro price with tax is still around 500, it will be a steal.... but we'll see.

Edit: just a switchable LP filter? Cant see from images

4 voices is a bit limited for pads and such, so is 3 octaves keyboards, and of course, the minikeys ( well, whatever you wanna call those). There's your catch. Not complaining much tho, but i still look at this more like a glorified mono than a proper poly. Seen like that then it looks like a pretty good deal to me...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

lfm wrote:Seems they had a good day creating specs for that - seems physical knobs for almost everything. Just like Nord Lead has. My KingKorg is really fun to work with, but still too many parameters hidden in menues.
If you don't have one, get an iPad. Even an old cheap one will do and load up Patch Morpher onto it with the KingKORG add on. Makes the KingKORG super fun to work with.
lfm wrote:Since Prophet 6 can sell at $3000 or so, this would be fabulous at $500 if rumour is true.
My first synth a CZ1000 had four voices - and never felt that was major loss at the time.
The VA versions of Prophet(8,12 etc) are half price of 6.
The Prophet 08 and 12 aren't VA. The 8 is DCO based analog (though it's envelopes are generated digitally) and the 12 is a hybrid digital osc/osc effects and analog filter architecture.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Chopper wrote:4 voices is a bit limited for pads and such, so is 3 octaves keyboards, and of course, the minikeys ( well, whatever you wanna call those). There's your catch. Not complaining much tho, but i still look at this more like a glorified mono than a proper poly. Seen like that then it looks like a pretty good deal to me...
It's true that 4 voices can cramp your style if you view it as a true polyphonic keyboard... Even 5 can seem paltry if you're using a sound with a longer release... But, I've really been liking my Analog Four as a drone-pad style synth where I'll hold a note or two and solo over it. I've decided to stick with virtual instruments for real poly duties, but there is a place for a 4 voice in my music. (I do a lot of trip-hop/ambient style music)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It all depends your taste I reckon.

You can do a ton with four voices. Personally, I like sparser chord voicings. In the context of a mix, I don't think that more than four voices is necessary most of the time. I mean.. if you'rd doing a piece that's just for one synth or something, I could see maybe needing them, but most tunes have several layers of stuff going on at once. How many notes does each part really need to play?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”