New Korg: MONOLOGUE ..... analog monosynth for 299

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's going to be called the Korgaha CS80 and will come in 6 (not 5) different colour schemes, each one the flavour of a 'WE DON'T FVCKING KNOW' fruit.

BBFG# wrote:
Daags wrote:I wonder if there's some 'clue' in the colour scheme of those stripes ...
Same here.

They're the exact colours used in the Polysix ....

chk071 wrote:Some striped, grainy... thing... with colours.
...and mini keys.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

as far as i'm concerned, the instruments they used mini keys on warranted it. i don't see them employing mini keys once we hit 6 voices and beyond.

Daags wrote:as far as i'm concerned, the instruments they used mini keys on warranted it. i don't see them employing mini keys once we hit 6 voices and beyond.
IDK, I guess I just don't see how the voice count has any relationship to the size of the keys. Unless it's designed for toddlers or Donald Trump, mini keys are pointless/useless AFAIC - either put full-sized keys on it, or acknowledge that it's a toy designed for people who will never actually use the keys (either because they will sequence it from their DAW and/or use a different controller) and just make it a desktop module. Then again, nothing Korg has produced in the past 20 years has interested me at all, so whatever they decide to do is fine with me. :phones:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Polysix could be cool, though I'd cream my pants for a new Monopoly.

cryophonik wrote:
Daags wrote:as far as i'm concerned, the instruments they used mini keys on warranted it. i don't see them employing mini keys once we hit 6 voices and beyond.
IDK, I guess I just don't see how the voice count has any relationship to the size of the keys. Unless it's designed for toddlers or Donald Trump, mini keys are pointless/useless AFAIC - either put full-sized keys on it, or acknowledge that it's a toy designed for people who will never actually use the keys (either because they will sequence it from their DAW and/or use a different controller) and just make it a desktop module. Then again, nothing Korg has produced in the past 20 years has interested me at all, so whatever they decide to do is fine with me. :phones:
wait & see ... if they put mini keys on a synth with 6 voices or more, I'll eat my proverbial hat.

as far as mini keys being warranted, or not, on the instruments they've put them on ... well, ymmv. it's just my opinion. for my uses, they're doing it right. which isn't to say i 'prefer' mini keys, but I can certainly live with them on the instruments they've used them and don't feel compelled to moan about them in any context.

i would wet my pants if the would hit the market with a descent coffee maker.

Daags wrote: as far as mini keys being warranted, or not, on the instruments they've put them on ... well, ymmv. it's just my opinion. for my uses, they're doing it right. which isn't to say i 'prefer' mini keys, but I can certainly live with them on the instruments they've used them and don't feel compelled to moan about them in any context.
As a person/bassist/keyboardist with larger than average hands, I moan about how narrow most 4-string bass necks are, so take my complaints for what it's worth. I can't go near mini keys without hitting three of them at once, so I'm definitely biased. :hihi:

bronxsound wrote:i would wet my pants if the would hit the market with a descent coffee maker.
Now, THAT would definitely interest me...unless it used mini filters. :wheee:

cryophonik wrote:
Daags wrote: as far as mini keys being warranted, or not, on the instruments they've put them on ... well, ymmv. it's just my opinion. for my uses, they're doing it right. which isn't to say i 'prefer' mini keys, but I can certainly live with them on the instruments they've used them and don't feel compelled to moan about them in any context.
As a person/bassist/keyboardist with larger than average hands, I moan about how narrow most 4-string bass necks are, so take my complaints for what it's worth. I can't go near mini keys without hitting three of them at once, so I'm definitely biased. :hihi:
that's a bummer man, well at least in this age of the analog renaissance there are other full-sized-key options ...

so, purely hypothetical ... but entertaining the notion that this may be a Polysix ( Polyeight ? :pray: ) re-issue, albeit with some relatively basic modern improvements (stuff like midi over usb, as featured on ms20 re-issue, perhaps larger and/or slightly more sopisticated patch storage etc) ... what do we think the street price for such a unit would be ? assuming the re-issue would be as faithful as, say, the full sized desktop ms20 module was in terms of hardware.

behringer have set quite the benchmark pitching the deepmind 12 as they have, at $999 ... an all discrete analog 12 voice synth, with some fairly top-tier digital fx ...

Daags wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Daags wrote:I wonder if there's some 'clue' in the colour scheme of those stripes ...
Same here.
It is the same choice of colors you can use to label in the Kronos Set List.
They're the exact colours used in the Polysix ....
Polysix? Not exact and not all.
Kronos set list? Exact and all.
IMO, leans more to an OS and/or library change?
Or maybe even the often hoped for 64 bit Kronos?
(With or without sequencer and more in the direction Yamaha went with the Montage?)

And yes, I take issue when someone edits out a quote to make it appear like I agree with them 100% when it's obvious I don't.

are you colour blind ? they are the exact polysix colours. are they also the kronos setlist whatever colours ? i don't know, i'll take your word for it. it's possible that they're both. if you've got yourself a little gear boner for some kronos update, don't let me dampen your spirits bro ... knock yourself out.

as for the rest ... you can take your 'issue' and shove it up your fat arse for all i care. i wasn't trying to make you 'appear to agree with me 100%' about the polysix colour scheme :nutter:

I don't recall anything on the Polysix being the dark olive green is all. And the blue stripes which match the set list colors are 'light' and 'denim', not dark blue.

As for the rest of your comment, I'll just let it pass...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”